Thread: Vehicles.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Question Vehicles.

I was wondering what you guys do to your vehicles, car or truck, to "ruggedize" them or just to get them to run better/longer. I was fortunate enough to get a new F150 FX4 this past December (think I posted it on old gnet before the downtime) and thinking what to add to it. I already had the bed rhino-lined and I'm wondering what should be my next step. I'm wanting to get a brushguard, bed cover (not sure yet on basic bed cover or decent looking topper), better exhaust, and perhaps running boards. Even thinking of getting one of hypertech's chips to improve mileage/hp. Tires will be expensive because it has 20 in. rims, so kinda thinking about getting 18s (pretty sure some '09 fx4's came with 18s too) if they'll save me money on tires. Winch would be nice one day too.

Feel free to share what you guys have done and pics are always welcome.

EDIT: Saw this in link from uscca http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN1TnQtRUfw. Looks cool, doubt it can stop a bullet. But still, couldn't hurt...except the wallet of course .
    Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 07-27-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I put aggressive tires on it; other than that I want comfort.

Change the fluids regularly and lube them every time I wash them .