Thread: Philadelphia, PA - Council moves toward gun limitations

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Philadelphia, PA - Council moves toward gun limitations

Posted on Fri, Feb. 4, 2011

Council moves toward gun limitations

By Miriam Hill
    Inquirer Staff Writer

City Council staked out its position on a new gun-control issue Thursday, passing a bill that would require people who carry concealed guns in public places to be licensed in Pennsylvania.

The bill, introduced by Councilman Darrell Clarke, would eliminate the so-called "Florida loophole," which allows owners here to obtain nonresident licenses through the mail even without a Pennsylvania permit.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...mitations.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

These guys have a real hard time understanding preeminence!(sp)

And I just love this statement, "Clarke said he believes that requiring a Pennsylvania firearms license could make it harder for criminals to get guns."??? WTF?

What and why City Council does is virtually irrelevant. Philly is held together by spit and chewing gum. I don't know the actual demographics, but maybe 40% of the city is unemployed and on the dole one way or another. It's about as pleasant as Nairobi. When in "Center City", I always pack, whether it's legal or not. I believe during the last days of the Roman Empire, they also passed lots of laws that were also observed mainly in the breach.

I have a friend at work that was busted for procession of pot 30 years ago when he was in his early 20's. He's hasn't been in any trouble since, and has purchased firearms without any problems with NICS. Even though his conviction was a misdemeanor he is ineligible for a Pennsylvania CCW because he was in violation of Pa's "Controlled Substances Act of 1972". So he is thinking of getting a Florida CCW. So he's might use the 'Florida Loophole' because he was caught smoking pot 30 years ago when he was a kid. What a hardened criminal.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

these guys just dont get it. these town have been systematically bitch slapped for trying to preempt state law every time they tried it before. now with the new gov thwy have even less of a chance.