Thread: Any northern California people on Gunsnet?

Any northern California people on Gunsnet?

Ive toured through, visited, and vacationed, but always liked coming back to Az.

The little towns, and all the open country up sure is nice.

Wondered if any gun owners actually live in the state.

Condering a move there for a job...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I live/lived in SoCal (San Diego) for the last 18 months. There are a few gun owners around here, but it is not easy. Up north, I like the area better but you still have to deal with the restrictive gun laws of California. Here are a few, you cannot bring a gun into California that is not on the "Approved" list. You can not bring any magazines into California that accept more than 10 rounds. If you want to bring an AR or AK, or any similar "assault" type rifle (sorry, don't know what other term to use than the one the state does) you have to modify it so that it will not accept magazines greater than 10 rounds. M1 Carbines do not yet fall under these restrictions, you just can't have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. And you have to register all your hand guns within something like 60 days of entering the state at a cost of about $15 each. Here is a link to the California state gun law site, it is some pretty sad reading (http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/). By the way, if you are a criminal you don't have to worry about any of those laws.

Yea thats the only thing that sours the whole deal.
    I can store my scary guns here in Az, and just take the stuff I like to shoot but its hard to even consider it...

I dont drop info, but I can say that from what I saw in the small logging towns where I might be moving, there were alot of firearms I would not consider California friendly...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Even at the range I go to in SanDog I have seen some pretty good looking weapons, but they were all limited in their magazine capacity. I am not sure what you do to a AR or AK that keeps it from accepting a magazine larger then 10 rounds, but you see them advertised. I also see them in the guns stores down here. I think that California has made it a felony to own a weapon they have banned, too. So much for the right to keep and bear arms not being infringed.

I live in northern california, yes the gun laws suck here but there are tons of gun owners in this state. hopefully we can beat the anti's in the courts soon

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I live in northern california, yes the gun laws suck here but there are tons of gun owners in this state. hopefully we can beat the anti's in the courts soon
    What city are you in?
    Ever been through the Arnold, San Andreas, Murphy, Angels camp area?

I was there recently, and could not BELIEVE the amount of Gadson flags flying, and signs supporting AZs 1070 law...