Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to get with your tax return.

Maybe an AK and some ammo, or another glock 19 and ammo. And bills.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011

Most of it is just going back in the bank, but I may add another SAR-1... not sure why, but I've had the urge to buy another one.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Supposed to be getting $2700 back. I'm going to put on all new brakes, rotors/drums, wheel cylinders, braided stainless extended brake lines, and new brake slave cylinder on the Suburban, buy a couple thousand rounds of ammo, and put the rest in the bank. If I'm feeling squirrely, I might pick up a lower receiver for my A1 AR15 upper, too. However, new brakes for the Suburban are the priority, and I am going to keep my purchases under $1000 total. Basically, the ammount of gun stuff I purchase depends on whatever is left over from my $1000 limit.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Putting it in the bank....or safe. With interest rates the way they are, I like the security of being able to open up the safe and touch it rather than making $3.47/year with it sitting in the account.

Although, I may splurge and get another 3K of good green tip .223 from AIM.

Hopefully this return is going to go a long ways towards squaring up all the loose financial ends of my divorce.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I, usually, end up paying. So, since some of you guys are getting my money, it would be real nice if you would send some ammo my way just as a show of appreciation for all I do.

Have to pay this year but Odumbass won't see it until the day before it is due.

Quote Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
    Have to pay this year but Odumbass won't see it until the day before it is due.
    He don't care, he'll just print more if he needs it.
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

“It’s not the Gun in Gun Control that bothers me. It’s the Control" -Nimbly

"A cop is to heavy to carry in my pocket, that is why I carry a gun" -unknown

Ron Paul - 2012

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Tax return spent,new water heater,and new side by side fridge.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
    Hopefully this return is going to go a long ways towards squaring up all the loose financial ends of my divorce.
    That sucks Flinter.

Ours will probably go towards bills. Or, I am sure my wife will find some way to spend it!

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

An AMD65 if I have any left over...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    Wisdom teeth yanked outta my son's head... I guess I could do it myself and then buy a gun...
    Can't yank wisdom teeth. Think air chisel
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

return?

IF I was getting a tax return back, I'd be buying one of those Chiappa 357's....

When I started my own practice 8 years ago, my accountant refuses to let me loan money to the government.... The first couple years, I didn't understand this as I always looked forward to getting that refund check back... but it was my money all long, all I was doing was let the govt. borrow it, they never gave me interest on it.

Refund returns for most people are nothing more than a forced savings plan for you.

My account told me that if I wanted $2400 bucks each year to buy a couple guns or whatever to simply write him a $200 check every month and he'd give it back to me at the end of the year... that's what uncle sugar is doing to you! Unfortunately if you don't have your own business with standard write-offs and expenses month to month, you can't anticipate how much you'll write off by year's end, which is why uncle sugar takes more and gives back, if it were the other way around, uncle sugar would be begging a lot harder to get it back.

For those of you who file the short form with minimal deductions... did you know that you can write off up to something like $200-250 bucks each year for clothing you donate to goodwill/church? Same goes for furniture... you could get an additional $500 bucks back each year for these two simple deductions... and the best part is, you don't have to have receipts for such a small amount! Anything over the $200-250 (you'll have to check, its one or the other) amount, you have to have a receipt... there's a line that asks for how you determined value, all you you have to write down is "thrift store averages". My accountant taught me that one.
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 02-13-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Carpeting, paint.
    Correction. Water heater. Damn! Mine is only 8 years old and I just replaced the burner assembly. Now its developed a leak. WTF?!?!?!
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I'm getting a new carry gun. A CZ75 compact decocker (also known as a "PCR") in 9mm. I won it on gunbroker for $325 + $15 shipping! Not too shabby for a good used CZ! I need to call the dealer and pay for it monday.

Here's a picture of it from the auction though:

I was thinking about getting a C93
    But I haven't heard anthing pro or con about them (they are from Centerfire after all).

Does anybody think its worth the $500 plus? I've always wanted one of these and this price is perfect.

BISHOP

We will be paying again this year. Saw a C93 at a gunshow in Atlanta this weekend. I was impressed by the fit and finish. Didn't look like something Century would put out.

I end up paying this year, like the year before. So Ill spend it on cursing, swearing and being in a bad mood for a few weeks. Then Ill buy myself a new gun to cheer me up...

I will remodel the living room (did the dining room and gun room this winter)
    and I want to buy another polaris sportsman 05 and up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast