Thread: Vortex Viper PST?

Question Vortex Viper PST?

I'm thinking of getting a Vortex Viper PST 1-4X24 to mount on my AR-15. I was wondering if anyone out there has one, and what they think of it?

Thanks.

Come on guys... I need some feedback.

Thanks.

Don't know much about it, but I like what I see.

Have never seen one myself, but for me, I will always go with the supersniper scopes for my lower end stuff, they really just cant be beat imo...
    When I start getting over the 400 range, then I head for luppy country, till then, Its riflescopes.com!

Let us know if you get it though!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

All I know is that they were released very recently. IIRC David Fortier may have tried one out in Shotgun News. He's tried their red-dot (Strikeforce?) and gave it good marks....not the best, but for the money it's worth it.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

swampdragon
    No clue.
    I have an Aimpoint and an IOR.
    But I'll second the suggestion of Super Sniper.
    They get very good reviews in their price range.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I have the Vortex Strike Fire. For a budget type red dot I'm very pleased with it. You can switch from green to red. Night Vision compatible, low mount 30mm ring and the sight co-witnesses with my iron sights.

I'm using it with the Ultimak gastube on my Vepr-308 . I took it to the lease and was shooting human head sized rocks offhand at 100+yards with ease.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 07-09-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

The only thing I didn't like about the Strikefire I had was the odd battery and the button placement. Other than that, it was pretty rock solid. Don't know anything about the optic you're referring to but I wouldn't be afraid to give it a try.

Hey I have that Viper you're talking about and although it's not my favorite(Burris Eliminator), it is a solid scope and I've had good experience using it.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

tarantino, to the board! Hope to see some more posts from you.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by tarantino View Post
    Hey I have that Viper you're talking about and although it's not my favorite(Burris Eliminator), it is a solid scope and I've had good experience using it.
    Thanks for your input. I still need to get around to acquiring one (too many irons in the fire at the moment). And welcome to the board.

Talking

Thanks guys! Happy to be here!

I'd finally got around to getting the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 Mrad scope last Fall. I mounted it via a LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount (LT139).

I gotta say this is a sweet scope. It has very clear optics, maintains zero, and has nice features. 1x seems to actually be a true 1x. I'm not exagerating at all when I say I can't miss once I've put the dot on what I want to shoot. I can't recommend this scope enough for its price point.

The LaRue mount is second to none. I don't think I'll ever use anyone else's mount from now on. They're spendy, but worth it.

Looks great. I've been planning on that scope for my 300 BLK. Some day I'll get around to plunking down the $$$s.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Nice - thanks for the follow-up post
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~