Thread: Ever do a food challenge?

Ever do a food challenge?

Anyone ever compete in one? I'm skipping through the channels and there's a show called Man VS Food. On tonights show he's eating 9lbs of sirloin steak, fries and gravy, I think I would be sick after the first steak and this thing has 6 of them on it... It's the same with those hotdog eating contest, after 2 hotdogs I'm ready to throw up and those guys are pushing in 50+

I can eat way more than I should and faster than I should, but as much as he eats on some of those challenges is pretty sickening.

I'd rather force myself through the spiciest food ones he does on occasion.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I watch him periodically... He's been in Ohio quite a few times. Watched a sandwich almost whip his butt at the Ohio Deli on Campus...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I lived in Turkey for almost two years.
    Just eating a normal meal is a food challenge!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

We watch that stuff in amazement. Don't get me wrong, we hit the Las Vegas buffets and get much more than our money's worth, but the folks who really shovel it in on those shows make us look like beginners.

A steakhouse in Ft Smith AR had a regular deal where if you ate the 72oz. steak with a fries and a vegetable it was free. They would put your picture up on the wall. I did it once when I was broke and hungry.

But 9 pounds of steak!?

I knew there was no way he was going to finish that one. Usually he seems to hit the wall at about 5-6lbs worth of food, no matter what it is.

A place called CheeburgerCheeburger, you finish the 20oz. cheeseburger and a side of fries and they put your picture on the wall.
    I have them add bacon to mine and they 3 pictures of me so far

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    That's how I felt about Japan...

I love watching Man vs. Food. I liked the one that he ate some spicy Indian soup that the chef had to wear a gas mask to make! LOL

Great Show! I loved the 6 Hot Wings in 6 Minutes (suicide wings).... he failed at last year's attempt at the 6, and then failed at 20 wings in 10 minutes at a different restaurant. A few months ago, he had a rematch for the 6 and did it.

The hot sauce consists of standard Hot Wing Sauce, but they puree habaneros and a few teaspoons of concentrated capsacin liquid into the sauce...

Let me tell you about the concentrated stuff... it comes in an eye dropper bottle... I once tried a half drop on my tongue, I was in the kitchen for over an hour trying to hold milk in my mouth, running my tongue under the faucet of cold water for 20 minutes, tried ice on it to numb it... swishing with vodka helped a lot, the alcohol dilutes the oils...

Unless it's some bomb ass Doner! Oh yeah!

Have I ever done a food challenge?

Yes, the first time my now wife tried to cook for me. I've been cooking every since!
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Orientals eat things very few other nationalities eat... Grilled chicken feet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Unless it's some bomb ass Doner! Oh yeah!
    Oh, you had to bring up the Doners! I forgot all about those... they were the best fast food when I was in Germany during my 2 week reserve duty.

This dude is the best Milk Challenge I've seen... 1 gallon of Milk in 41 seconds.

I don't think milk is the issue why most folks puke... I think they'd do the same with gatorade or juice... I'm thinking its all about stomach distention?

I think you are right, It's like blowing up a balloon nothing is holding down what you just threw in there in 41 seconds, it goes in and comes right back out just that fast. I had a friend who would do stuff like that in HS, he always told me he didn't even have to try to throw up, there was nothing he could of done to keep it down. All I remember was whenever he started I would walk away, it was just gross to me.