Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golani problani

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    Mine only has about 500-700 rounds through it at this point but it has ran flawlessly...
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I'd say about 500-600 through mine as well without a problem, no wear I can tell on the internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Im somewhere between 3-4 thousand or so...
    Awesome! Do you guys know which receiver you have? ORF or Caspian?

went by a gunshop in town this afternoon and they still had (the same?) two Golanis on the floor. Both had Caspian recievers (GLN prefix), but one was really light grey, and the other had a better match with the furniture. The nicer looking one had a few spots where the bolt seemed to hang up slightly as I rode it back and forth slowly. Not sure if thats a concern or not. They had a price tag of $809 on the nicer one, and $799 on the other.

Overall I thought they felt nice and solid, but for that price I'm going to look elsewhere or take m chances ordering online.

Quote Originally Posted by 6gunsal View Post
    went by a gunshop in town this afternoon and they still had (the same?) two Golanis on the floor. Both had Caspian recievers (GLN prefix), but one was really light grey, and the other had a better match with the furniture. The nicer looking one had a few spots where the bolt seemed to hang up slightly as I rode it back and forth slowly. Not sure if thats a concern or not. They had a price tag of $809 on the nicer one, and $799 on the other.

Overall I thought they felt nice and solid, but for that price I'm going to look elsewhere or take m chances ordering online.
    Any chance you could wait out the next gunshow? Might find one there you could fondle...
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

They are really cool guns, but not $800 cool!

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Any chance you could wait out the next gunshow? Might find one there you could fondle...
    This is probably what I will do. I just had an ammo order go through at the cmp, so I should wait a while til my checking account recovers from that

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    They are really cool guns, but not $800 cool!
    Yeah... Not when they are still under 600 online.
    Last edited by 6gunsal; 02-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Century Golani's

Century is fine, as long as you go into the purchase skeptically. Just don't ever buy one through the "mail". Get it at a store, preferably at a store where you can sort through a bunch. Even then, you may have to pass. I just bought a PPS-43 "pistol", and though not from Century, they have the same type of assembly variables as Century Golanis and AKMs. I rejected 4 before I found one that was acceptable. Look at it as a 80% failure rate !

I believe mine is an ORF (GAL prefix), I think if you look around you should be able to find a golani cheaper then $800.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123