Thread: What guns would the Founder's ban?

What guns would the Founder's ban?

By Bob Owens
    February 6, 2011

This nation's founding fathers were brilliant men. The documents they created more than 230 years ago are the bedrock of a system of government that has endured longer than any other. Since our republic was founded, France has gone through five constitutions. European kingdoms that once saw us as a useful foil in their own struggles no longer exist. Russia's czars have gone to dust; communism has risen and fallen away.

Our enduring Constitution and its Bill of Rights are magnificently clear to all Americans - with the glaring exception of certain individuals and groups. Some even obscure and distort the plain intent of our founders in order to impose their own peculiar political views.

In the modern age, no constitutional declaration of intent has been abused more than the Second Amendment, which plainly reads:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Despite its slightly archaic grammar, it is a simple statement, easily understood.

Read the entire article here:
    http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/what-gu...inglepage=true
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I would include the select fire M16 as well as regular ARs for civilians.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I think it is pretty straight forward. They wrote that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. By their own very logic, the founders would not consider any firearm ban. That would fly in the face of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

I don't think they would ban any firearm nor most ordnance as that was supplied by private citizens during the revolution (ships too).

They may ban nuclear, biologic, and chemical though.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

The Founders had a very serious unreformed penal system so I doubt they would have cared as much as we believe.