Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER M-1 GARAND/M-1 CARBINE HELP

Wags, did you make the purchase? Would be interesting to see pics of what you ended up with if you did . . . .
    - Change it back -

oldav8tor, you could try posting this over on the cmp's forums. I know there's a TON of guys over there ALWAYS on the look out for a rare M1 like the IH's or a winny. That's a gorgeous one you have too! If I had the money I'd ask you where you wanted to meet because I have been dying to find a nice IH to add to my H&R M1. I think 800-900 is very low for a nice IH considering that even through the cmp (which has M1's for dirt cheap) they're selling beat down winny's for $950 right now and they're easier to come by nowdays than an IH. I understand times are tough but there are still those out there who are still pretty loaded and collecting guns like crazy.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

oldav8tor I doubt you'll see this reply but here goes anyway. That is one fine looking IH M1 Rifle. I think it is easily a $900 to $1000 dollar range weapon. You have a mixmaster which is typical. The photos of the receiver are very revealing as they indicate to me that you have a new from rebuild program weapon. RRAD is Red River Arsenal Depot. I have a Winchester electropencil engraved that way. Looks like yours is 1963 dated. The weapons were being refurbished with a goal of deploying them to Vietnam, thankfully they didn't get sent there.

Your trigger group shows a Winchester hammer on Springfield arsenal frame. It would be interesting to see images of the barrel, oprod, front sight, and bolt to see how many other make of parts are in the weapons composition. Oh and the left side of the stock too under the elevation knob for what kind of cartouche it might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    The photos of the receiver are very revealing as they indicate to me that you have a new from rebuild program weapon. RRAD is Red River Arsenal Depot. I have a Winchester electropencil engraved that way. Looks like yours is 1963 dated. The weapons were being refurbished with a goal of deploying them to Vietnam, thankfully they didn't get sent there.
    I have a H&R Garand, 1955 time frame that is electropen engraved the same way only it says LEAD 12-65 so it was rebuilt at Letterkenny Army Depot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12