Thread: CT - Conn. lawmakers to consider gun offender registry

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post CT - Conn. lawmakers to consider gun offender registry

Conn. lawmakers to consider gun offender registry

February 9, 2011

HARTFORD, Conn. — Connecticut lawmakers are considering a bill that would require people who commit certain gun crimes to register with the state's public safety commissioner.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/st...,6203421.story

HB 6185- http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/TOB/H/201...185-R00-HB.htm

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I was very concerned with the "sex offender lists" when they started and was critisized for my concern. Now we are seeing an expansion of "lists" that I'm sure will eventually be found to be unconstitutional.

Do a crime, serve your time, the end.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

That is kind of my opnion as well do your time then you should be done. On the sex offender thing I can kind of understand it thought as sometimes it apears to be a mental problem as much as anything else. If that is the case the chances of a repeat crime are high.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    That is kind of my opnion as well do your time then you should be done. On the sex offender thing I can kind of understand it thought as sometimes it apears to be a mental problem as much as anything else. If that is the case the chances of a repeat crime are high.
    The biggest problem with the sex offender list is all the people on it that are not really sex offenders. Too many people are on it for having a high school romance.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    The biggest problem with the sex offender list is all the people on it that are not really sex offenders. Too many people are on it for having a high school romance.
    I had not thought of that. I was thinking more along the lines of people convicted of child molostation.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    They do a check and if you are a convicted felon they know it, That is all the list they need.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I had not thought of that. I was thinking more along the lines of people convicted of child molostation.
    That's how the list was originally sold to the public. It was a noble proposition but as with most laws, there are unintended consequences. I know two people that have family members on the sex ofender registry that shouldn't be. The latest abuse of this list I've read about is some states listing kids on it that were "sexting". Teen girls sending pics of there boobs or what not are now barred for life from renting an apartment, being hired at many jobs, and may not be admitted into some universities. That's not right IMO.