Thread: AK barreling question(s)

AK barreling question(s)

My buddy has been gathering parts for a Khyber Pass build but something else has caught his fancy so he's offering it to me. Everything is there but the receiver, side folder and some compliance parts.

The barrel is stripped so I'll have to mount the included rsb. Is it pressed or soldered on? I've never looked at any that were off so I have no idea.

Since the barrel is not in the trunnion, do I mount the trunnion to the receiver then press the barrel in or the other way around?
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by awp101 View Post
    My buddy has been gathering parts for a Khyber Pass build but something else has caught his fancy so he's offering it to me. Everything is there but the receiver, side folder and some compliance parts.

The barrel is stripped so I'll have to mount the included rsb. Is it pressed or soldered on? I've never looked at any that were off so I have no idea.

Since the barrel is not in the trunnion, do I mount the trunnion to the receiver then press the barrel in or the other way around?

Rear sight block is pressed on and pinned in place. The trunnion should be mounted to the receiver first before barrel pressing.
    There are rivets inside the chamber area that will need bucked first before installing barrel.
    A 12 ton press is handy for pressing on or off the various parts of the AK.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Thanks, it's been too long since I read up on AK building.

Since it's a KP, I'm not opposed to a screw build (I know, I'm a heathen... ) unless someone wants to hook a brutha up since I have no press.
    I aim to misbehave...

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. - Mark Twain

I NEED A YUGO GAS TUBE AND LOWER HG FERRULE PLEASE!

"Fair" is a place they give ribbons to pigs

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. - Napoleon Bonaparte

C'thulhu '12! Why settle for the lesser evil?

pm sent
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

If your neer jax fl I have all the tools/jigs and will assist you free. youll be hooked that goes to all members. have lathe for turning those 10$ centerfire yugo barrels