Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VEPR Imported once again!!!!!!!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    Here is my Vepr. The .308 Super Vepr with an IOR scope and a BRT-8 silencer. Bit heavy for hunting, but its a lot of fun. Pretty darn accurate too.

Wow , nice one. Did the cheek piece come that way or did you customize it? I didn't know the super VEPRs came with a full stock. Mines just a plain jane .308 i bought in 1997, still very accurate but i never have gotten used to the russian scope.
    Last edited by davepool; 02-27-2011 at 10:56 PM.

The stock doesnt come with that cheek piece. But the guy that`s importing Vepr over here do that to almost all Veprs he sell. Besides that, the stock is original. Iv been told that Molot makes one chambered for the 9.3x74 cartridge. That would be one hell of a hunting rifle.

My Vepr used to throw the empty brass from here to the next county. So I "ventilated" the gass block heavily. That and put a 6mm screw just ahead of the gas cylinder. In that screw I made a 1mm hole. So when I use the silencer I use the screw with the 1mm hole. If Im using it without it I use a screw with no hole. Never had a misfunction with it. I dont think its possible to have a misfunction if its not a like a pint of gravel in the receiver. Damn heavy though.....

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I like them but the Russians have their heads up their a$$ if they think Americans are going to spend $840 for a 762x39 AKM. The Russians have priced themselves out of the market at this point IMO.
    I was thinking the same thing! Geez weren't these like $350 when they first were imported?

The stock doesnt come with that cheek piece...
    Hedning,
    Do you all have access to Vepr parts, like the front sight base/gas block? If I could find one, I'm working on doing some customization to my Vepr 1 in .308 ... incidentally an excellent hunting rifle. I use it to chase our deer and wapiti ...
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Ill check it out. The importer is just one guy with an extra room in his house, so not room for a lot of parts. But I think he got most of it. I have been trying to make him send me some extra cheek pieces, but that has been wowfully slow.

Ill send him an email, that should work faster than trying to reach him on the phone.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Here is my Vepr. The .308 Super Vepr with an IOR scope and a BRT-8 silencer. Bit heavy for hunting, but its a lot of fun. Pretty darn accurate too.

Now that's a Vepr that I could live with!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123