Thread: This marine has spent way to much time with his rifle but I aint gonna tell him

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

This marine has spent way to much time with his rifle but I aint gonna tell him

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

WOW !!!

.....and with an M14 no less (for those that don't know, it's weight distribution is far from perfect)
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Takes me back to my high school days when I used to do that but with a 1903 Springfield.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Learned with the 03 but continued with the M1 Garand but never ever in my best days did I ever get close to what this guy is doing and I only knew a few who could come close.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up

Very impressive! I'd like to see him do it with a magazine in place

Sounds and looks like it's got a rubber butt plate. Wonder if it's been lightened in any way and if it's functional?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Thumbs up

I am very very impressed.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Childs play! needs to put the bayonette on....seriously that was awesome, i learned drill with an M-14 at MCRD san diego and one of the drill instructors in our series was stationed at marine barracks 8th & I in D.C. before he became a DI and once in awhile he would put on a show for us,he was impressive but not like this guy.

Cool, but he's not a Marine.

My name is Matt McLaren.

This is a video of me at the 2006-2007 North West Regional Drill and Rifle Championship Competition representing Woodrow Wilson High School in Tacoma, WA. It was my first time there and I ended up taking a first place. Let me know what you think. And for the record the rifle is real. 10.32 pounds of M-14. Thanks to those of you who link my video to your web page, but remember to give credit where it's due.

:Uptdate: I have long since graduated from high school and no longer compete in Armed Drill. I did not join the Marine Corps. I'm a college student now. I coached my high school Armed Drill Team after graduation and led them to a Division Title and 3rd Place at the Regional Competition. The Duals and Singelists I coached took 1st in Division and at Regionals.

These are the dualists and the singlist I trained.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton