Thread: Another Newbie question

Another Newbie question

Can anyone please explain the numbers on the rear sight of my AK47 Wasr10/63?
    "I AM TOO OLD TO FIGHT SO IF THREATENED I SHOOT TO KILL"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I believe that Mr Kalashinkov orignally had the numbers meaning yards as opposed to meters, but I could be wrong. He was quoted as calling his rifle a "150 yard" rifle, which seemed to be a strange quote.

Regardless, each setting would be the number time 100 in either yards or meters. Big difference yes, but again with all I know about the AK, this is one that I have never been able to prove.

range in meters x 100

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Set the lowest spot at 25 yards and it's supposed to be 100 yards/meters/whatever for every spot after that

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    The "P" on your sight is the "battle position" setup for between 50 and 100 yrds, sighting in with this as zero, adjust the front sight up or down
    until you are in a 1" circle on the target. With this sighted in you will be able to put rounds within a 3" circle out to 200 yrds
    Just me and my monkey....

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    The "P" on your sight is the "battle position" setup for between 50 and 100 yrds, sighting in with this as zero, adjust the front sight up or down
    until you are in a 1" circle on the target. With this sighted in you will be able to put rounds within a 3" circle out to 200 yrds
    Thank you sir, That is the answer I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    I noticed there is an adjustment screw underneath the front sight, does it require a specific tool to adjust it?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goyena70 View Post
    I noticed there is an adjustment screw underneath the front sight, does it require a specific tool to adjust it?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product...roducts_id/459
    видеодон

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by goyena70 View Post
    If you got a cleaning kit with your weapon, it is in there, long, flat with a two prong fork on the end. This inserts through the hole in the top of
    the sight block with the prongs fitting in the bare slots beside the threads.
    Just me and my monkey....