Thread: New Romanian WASR 10/63

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Romanian WASR 10/63

Just got my first AK47 and I must say after 300 rounds I'm hooked on these guns. This has got to be the coolest gun I have ever shot. I've been shooting the Yugo ammo and not a single failure of any kind out of this WASR 10/63. Its stamped 1968, so from what I've been reading and seeing at the range I think I got a good one. First trip to the range did put me 3 inches low and 3 inches to the right at 25 yards. I personally don't like the front sight pin (not centered) in hood so I ordered an adjustable rear battle sight on Gunbroker and corrected the problem that way. I also didn't care for the pistol grip that was on the gun so I replaced that with a Tapco Grip. We all know the stock wood leaves room for alot of improvement so I followed the YouTube video AK 47 Beautification step by step and what I now have looks much different than the gun I took from the box. What a fun shooter...........

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Welcome to the boards...and the "addiction"!
    My first was a WASR and it made me smile a lot.
    Be sure and clean everywhere after shooting that Yugo ammo.
    It's corrosive.
    видеодон

Yes I've been cleaning the begeses out of this thing because of what I've read about corrosive ammo and its fine and dandy inside and out but thanks for the heads up.

That stock did purdy up nice
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice wood!

I think it would really improve the look of that weapon to add a wooden pistol grip stained the same as the rest of the furniture, and put a cleaning rod under the barrel.

Also some people like to polish or at least de-blue the bolt carrier. Its a small change but it really contrasts with the black steel and red wood.

Your right! I am looking for a wood grip that is fatter than the normal. I might even try to carve one myself, one that fits my hand better than the stock grips.
    It would look good stained to mach the rest of the wood. Polished carrier will be another project for the winter blues............... these guns are just a blast to work with.
    Thanks for all the advice all.....................

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Nice wood!

I think it would really improve the look of that weapon to add a wooden pistol grip stained the same as the rest of the furniture, and put a cleaning rod under the barrel.

Also some people like to polish or at least de-blue the bolt carrier. Its a small change but it really contrasts with the black steel and red wood.
    That sounds like a good idea. Is it difficult to de-blue?
    "I AM TOO OLD TO FIGHT SO IF THREATENED I SHOOT TO KILL"

Ebay has a couple of Russian made wood grips that would look great on your gun.