Thread: Anybody have an Automag in .30 carbine?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Anybody have an Automag in .30 carbine?

Was looking through an encyclopedia of pistols and revolvers my daughter bought me, one of these would go nice with my M1 carbine!

I had one for about 2 weeks.it was brand new and had a hammer spring problem apparently cause it wouldnt light off rounds without double cocking.the dealer i got it from offered to fix it but after a week had a problem with his gunsmith and offered an exchange,frustrated i accepted and traded for a cetme(big mistake) kinda wish i kept it and got it fixed somewhere else.
    FATE It protects Fools,Small children and ships named Enterprise.

I heard high standard? will eventually be making them, supposedly they bought out AMT or snapped them up when they went bankrupt?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

A former associate of mine had one,we enjoyed shooting it.He could not hit the broad side of a barn with it but it was quite fun to shoot.

I have a Blackhawk .30 carbine that is fun,loud and turns a rabbit inside out.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I've wanted one, but was advised against it ever time I went looking. Everbody had problems with them. Most reported jamming and ftf problems that I talked to...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yeah, I would strongly advise going with the Ruger Blackhawk instead. The automags are nothing but trouble. Even if they function right, they tend to break. And the grips are really wide front to back.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Okay guys thanks, won't waste $600 on up for another "fun gun".... I had a desert eagle in .44 once, excellent function, just not a practical pistol.