Thread: Armed Robber Disarmed-Video

Armed Robber Disarmed-Video

This happened on the south side of Chicago. Unbelievable. Robber points gun at employee for a split second, owner makes a play. result: brawl-for-it-all and bad guy loses gun. Unable to embed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videob...b-d4d59bf4da5a
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    This happened on the south side of Chicago. Unbelievable. Robber points gun at employee for a split second, owner makes a play. result: brawl-for-it-all and bad guy loses gun. Unable to embed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/videob...b-d4d59bf4da5a
    LMAO thats awesome! so what would happen to the owner in CHI if if would have shot dude ? I know the same thing happend here at a local store and the owner shot him in the back as he ran out the store and died out in from of the store and no charges were filed .

a little white back a gangbanger tried robbing a local coin shop. he bled to death in the parking lot.

Wish it would happen more often, turds would think twice about pulling that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    LMAO thats awesome! so what would happen to the owner in CHI if if would have shot dude ? I know the same thing happend here at a local store and the owner shot him in the back as he ran out the store and died out in from of the store and no charges were filed .
    IMO he should have killed the robber. Use of force doctrine (based on case law) states that once the threat is neutralized, deadly force is no longer justified...for police. A store owner being robbed at gunpoint would not be expected by a reasonable person to know that. I think he would not be charged in the first place, but if some overzealous states attorney did charge him, he would beat it.

Should have shot him. For the threat of force used against him. I 100% would have shot him. It's the only way to send a message to people of that mentality. It might make someone on the fence about robbing a place decide it's not worth his shit mound of a life. When that guy walked at me when I already had his gun I would have shot him.

Looks like the clerk had a little jiu jitsu.

Crook should of kept his distance, and learned his lesson the hard way. Any ID on the gun used?

Looks like a Bersa to me. Maybe a Walther.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I can't believe he let the guy go. Everything up to that point was good.

One interesting thing, did anyone else think it was strange that the robber was so concerned about putting his hat back on. I mean, the robber now has an angry shop owner, who he just tried to rob, holding a gun on him and he is concerned about putting on his hat. Just weird to me.

A store owner being robbed at gunpoint would not be expected by a reasonable person to know that.
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Self defense is a very sensitive issue in most states, while it is a valid defense to manslaughter in all states, the standards vary pretty widely.

The only widely accepted rule of thumb is that if you don't absolutely have to use deadly force, then don't. What seem like very tiny details can be the difference between freedom and prison.

Naturally though.... better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

What I don't get is, did he end up letting the guy walk off? It looks like they are having a conversation the whole time, and while he did get the gun away, he still didn't control the situation very well after that

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post

Self defense is a very sensitive issue in most states, while it is a valid defense to manslaughter in all states, the standards vary pretty widely.

The only widely accepted rule of thumb is that if you don't absolutely have to use deadly force, then don't. What seem like very tiny details can be the difference between freedom and prison.

Naturally though.... better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

What I don't get is, did he end up letting the guy walk off? It looks like they are having a conversation the whole time, and while he did get the gun away, he still didn't control the situation very well after that
    Yes, well...I suppose that if he was going to shoot him, he should have done it right away. While they were still physically struggling for the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    One interesting thing, did anyone else think it was strange that the robber was so concerned about putting his hat back on. I mean, the robber now has an angry shop owner, who he just tried to rob, holding a gun on him and he is concerned about putting on his hat. Just weird to me.
    Well I've read drugs make people stupid; but, I've never seen it until now LOL

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

A Playa always has to look the part. The hat was part of his complete package... (but now he's minus his GAT)
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not only does it look like he let the guy go free, but he let him keep the money. Mabey let him go after you tell the guy off, but hell no he is not leaving with my hard earned cash.

Tell that to 0bama and congress.

When he got the gun away he should have beat him with it.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

+1 if you can manage to make it out of such a situation without injury and without having to shoot someone it's a win.

Then again...the video system might have mysteriously been broken before the cops arrived.

Rule one is render the other guy harmless which was violated when he let the bad guy up.
    If, he would have adhered to rule one the bad guy would never gotten up leaving him to make the I'm being filmed, so is shooting an unarmed man in the back kosher decision.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    so is shooting an unarmed man in the back kosher decision.
    I tend to avoid absolutes. So I would say...probably not, in most situations.

I tend to avoid absolutes. So I would say...probably not, in most situations.
    True, it would not have been a wise move.