Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I not seem to care much anymore?

Why do I not seem to care much anymore?

I do not have much of a desire to buy right now. Its been a few months since I bought a gun and its been a while since before that. The last time I went into the shop with cash in hand I just didnt find anything i cared to buy? nothing really seems to get me excited in the gun market right now...
    Am I burning out? maybe I just need something totally new?
    who knows...anyone else feeling this way?
    AKA "Rampantscot"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by jjeez View Post
    I do not have much of a desire to buy right now. Its been a few months since I bought a gun and its been a while since before that. The last time I went into the shop with cash in hand I just didnt find anything i cared to buy? nothing really seems to get me excited in the gun market right now...
    Am I burning out? maybe I just need something totally new?
    who knows...anyone else feeling this way?
    Many of us go through it. I went a year or more then bought a 590A1, C93 and Gsg-5 in quick succession. Want to go on a revolver spree now, but trying to get my house paid off. A press is my next buy, with ammo the way it is.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm done for a quite a while with new guns. Any new gun money I get is going to be spent on ammo, mags, holsters, night sights and trigger jobs.

Once I have fully completed my current gun collection I'll worry about getting more guns.

I have been thinking since i wrote this post and I think a lot of it is because I have not had time to shoot. With the new business i have been really busy.
    AKA "Rampantscot"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Yeah, I moved about 8 months ago, and now the range is just that much farther away. Definitely hampers my favorite hobby.

seasonal affective disorder?
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Haha, I swear I get this! Every jan I get depressed until mid march....
    AKA "Rampantscot"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I get it. Definately.

I went out to the range yesterday and it was a fucking swamp between the bench area & the target stands. Bad enough that I got in my truck and left...Also, there was a cold 15 MPH backwind blowing; along w/ the temp. being 37 & the mudhole & overcast it was a depressing scene...I'm sure in about a month everything will be greening up, the mudhole between the target stands & the bench will pretty much be dried up & the temps will be in the low 60's...

If I could just keep 1 AK and 1 Glock and sell the rest I'd do it today.

I build/buy new guns but . Anymore I'm bored with it all.
    I still shoot a few times a month but maybe for an hour just to stay sharp.

I'm like "meh... what else am I gonna do "
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by jjeez View Post
    I have been thinking since i wrote this post and I think a lot of it is because I have not had time to shoot. With the new business i have been really busy.
    Yep that will do it. My oldest daughter asked to go shooting( shes about 23) hadn't been shooting since 15, we went took 9mm's , .357 and 9mak. She loved shooting .38 out of the .357 ruger. Went again, and she's outshooting me with revolver and most anything handgun. Now I'm hooked. Get out and go. That will get the interest going. I gotta buy a reloader now.

I think alot of people go through it, the abundance of $2000 toys tends to re enforce it I think...

go out and shoot some pigs Im shure somebody here will take you / thers nothing like seeing what your funstick will do . about a month ago I built an amd65 and have been chasing porkers around ever since.

I feel the same way. I have bought acouple new firearms over the winter and haven't even had anytime to go shoot (due to weather in Maine) and just to busy. It's so much easier in the summer when I can just drive to a local gravel pit and empty some mags.

I'm with you. Even if I had the money right now, I wouldn't know what I'd want to buy. I'd like a .357 revolver and a Rem 870 to trick out. I'd even do an m16A1 or M16A2 style build, but I'm just not motivated to. WTF?

BDG

I haven't bought ANYTHING small arm related in over 2 years now......and it's not because of money (I'm making more than I ever have)....IMHO for what small arms and ammo and accessories are going for nowadays, the cash would serve me better updating and remodeling my house (now that I am a home owner).....and FWIW, I think the prices for shit in the small arms industry has been completely insane over the last 3 years.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I am in the same boat. Haven't bought any new firearm in a long time. Mostly buying ammo. But, I can't bring myself to shoot it. Because I can't stand the thought of not being able to replace it!

I have thought of selling off some of the stuff that I haven't shot in years, or that I have never shot.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I haven't bought anything either...

since last summer. The last of my free money went to restore the M1D I got from the CMP last spring. I haven't even gone to any gun shows lately. There is a gun show every weekend this month here too.....chris3

I put most of my tax return to pay down divorce debt. Still have cash on hand from a gun I sold. I will buy some ammo though. I have most everythingI need gunwise.

Motivation.

"if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Im the same way, I go through stages....

For me, when spending money on myself, it usually goes guns, or guitars...And tools lately....

Hence my nickname, "of guns and guitars"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast