Thread: Del-ton??

Del-ton??

My neighbor would like me to help him build an AR. I took a look at Del-ton and the prices are nice. I was thinking of going with a 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit and adding a removable carry handle (for later optic install) and a standard A2 front sight to go with the carry handle. He wil be buying one of my NIB Stag Lowers for the receiver.

My questions:
    Has anyone here used one of these kits?

Are these decent quality rifle kits?

How are the triggers in the LPK they provide with the rifle kit?

Thanks!!
    Scooter

I have a rifle I assembled from a Del-Ton kit. It is of excellent quality. The parts are as good as, or even better than, a lot of big name store bought ARs. I'm very happy with my AR. The standard trigger they provide is a typical single stage AR trigger. It has a lighter pull and cleaner break than a couple of friends' Bushmasters.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I just ordered a Del-Ton 20" A2 kit, but I have not recieved it yet. I did a lot of research and never heard anyone say anything bad about them except for slow delivery just after Obama was elected. That seems to have been fixed now and delivery is reported to take about 2 weeks. I will let you know what I think in a couple of weeks when I get mine built!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

They have good stuff, no complaints from me.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Traitor.... You could buy DPMS right here in MN...... J/K I have neither of them.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Hell yah - definately recommend. I have three builds with del-ton kits. Excellent. All three shoot 1 MOA with optics and milsurp SS109 ammo.

The middy's are nice because you can mount a usable bayo on them. Nice length too.

I personally would just get a buis instead of the carry handle though. And be sure to select the chrome-lined and m-4 feed ramp options - more $$ but worth it IMHO - all of mine are such.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

MY bil HAS A 16" rifle from del-ton,shoots great now that we weeded out the shitty mags that he bought with the rifle,i wouldnt get a fixed carry handle either .iu havre one on my bushy and wish id got the a3 tyupe.many of their rifles iv seen have HUGE handguards like a LMG almost
    Last edited by blobman; 03-05-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Original plan was to go with a removable carry handle, but I'm going to suggest the buis instead since OSOK makes a good point. I have 3 removable CH in my safe collecting dust and that would probably be what ended up happening to his after he mounted an optic.