Thread: AK-47 Reciever Parts Info

AK-47 Reciever Parts Info

Hi,
    New to the forum and the AK-47 world. Does anyone know the proper part name for the half-cup piece that sits under the barrel breach in AK reciever? Also is it supposed to fit sort of loose? I can't see it in any of the parts breakdowns I have.
    Thanks for any help,
    Rick

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Bullet ramp? should be tight.

It's called the "Bullet guide".

It should be very tightly riveted in place.

AK-47 Bullet Guide/Ramp

Thanks so much for the info!
    My bullet guide/ramp is loose enough for me to remove by hand. Could explain some of the bullet jams? Any recommended fixes? Have it professionally re-installed?
    Thanks again!

The correct fix is to pull the barrel, remove the trunnion and rivet the feed ramp correctly. What I did was measure carefully the spot where the rivet is located on the bottom side of the receiver, drilled a hole through it and then used a punch to reset the rivet (and tighten the feed ramp). I backed the rivet with another punch set in a vice when I rest the rivet. This saved me the pain of a complete tear down, rivet job and refinish on the front half of the AK (saving about 4-5 hours work). This worked so successfully that whenever I add a feed ramp to a saiga this is how I do it.

Hi mriddick, Thanks for the information. I'll probably have to bring to someone to set the rivet properly.

Feed ramp fixed, etc.

I found that the feed ramp rivet was broken. I followed Mriddick's (Thanks!) example and drove out rivet piece from both the ramp and trunion. Re-installed with new rivet, set, and slightly polished leading edge of ramp. However, I still experienced jams, and noticed some play with the Mag. and Mag. Latch. Removed the latch and welded more steel onto it to file for a snug Mag. seat. (I had some professional help). Seems I had a two-fold problem. So far the bullet feeds are smooth.
    Thanks to all.

romak10/63UF
    fw gunner what type of ak47 do you have that you are having feed ramp problems ?

Hi,
    Sorry for the delayed response. I have a Century Arms GP1975, seems like a quick stamped-out, assembled product, (which probably explains some of issues). As of late, I think I've the Mag. seated too tight. It now has issues ejecting the spent casings.
    Thanks