Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why girls shouldn't fire handguns

swampdragon

Why girls shouldn't fire handguns

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That video alone is why my daughter refuses to shoot my 1911.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    That video and a hundred others just like it are why some boys should never be allowed near a gun and should be forbidden any kind of relationship with a female just in case they breed more morons who would do that to a woman and think it was funny.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

It should be titled why girls shouldn't shoot with A holes of guys...

I've seen more then one girl smashed in the face/head by firing some guys firearm he knew was too much for her. Of course she's hanging with them so shes shares the blame as well.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

The worst thing you can do to a new shooter is give them biggest badass gun you own and let them try it out.

Either the gun will break them or they will want to break you.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    The worst thing you can do to a new shooter is give them biggest badass gun you own and let them try it out.

Either the gun will break them or they will want to break you.
    Agreed.
    Whenever I take out new shooters they start with the .22 and move through the .38, the 9mm and the .357 before they get to the .45.
    (the period ending that sentence looks creepy)
    Giving a 50AE or a 12GA to a 97lb waif is the quickest way to create a dislike of guns forever.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Teaching someone to be gun shy is flat stupid.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Judging by the shirt, they're a classy bunch!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The next video I would like to see is that girl using what looks like a Desert Eagle as a club and beating the heck out of the guy who handed it to her.

swampdragon
    Remember this classic?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    Judging by the shirt, they're a classy bunch!
    Whoever did that to the YL needs his knee caps relocated to face inwards...

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Remember this classic?
    Yeah and he walked away thankful to have his head.What range you suppose that was?There is not a range near me that can even accommodate a .50 cal.That is the only reason I don't get one.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Yeah and he walked away thankful to have his head.What range you suppose that was?There is not a range near me that can even accommodate a .50 cal.That is the only reason I don't get one.
    Couple hundred yards maybe. I couldn't see the initial impact.

My wife outshoots many of my friends who talk a good game but dont shoot every week like we do.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

That's fucked up!

Anybody that would do that to a new shooter and think it's funny needs a good swift kick in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    My wife outshoots many of my friends who talk a good game but dont shoot every week like we do.

Don't take this wrong as I'm sure your wife knows what she is doing, some sort of tactical drill or whatever.

However, I always seem to see women pick up a rifle that way, and it ticks me to no end when it's a new shooter often with a high power rifle or shotgun, and someone who really should know better is standing with them saying nothing.

I remember one vid where these dumb shits hand a gal a 12 gauge, give her no instruction, she faces the target straight on gun 90 degrees from her shoulder with the butt pad not on her shoulder (big but common mistake) and of course it goes badly.

It takes two minutes to teach someone the "basic" correct beginner shooting stance where they are turned about 90 degrees from the target, stock cradled, elbow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Don't take this wrong as I'm sure your wife knows what she is doing, some sort of tactical drill or whatever.

However, I always seem to see women pick up a rifle that way, and it ticks me to no end when it's a new shooter often with a high power rifle or shotgun, and someone who really should know better is standing with them saying nothing.

I remember one vid where these dumb shits hand a gal a 12 gauge, give her no instruction, she faces the target straight on gun 90 degrees from her shoulder with the butt pad not on her shoulder (big but common mistake) and of course it goes badly.

It takes two minutes to teach someone the "basic" correct beginner shooting stance where they are turned about 90 degrees from the target, stock cradled, elbow up.
    Shooting on the move.
    We practice different styles as well as off hand around obstacles.
    This is my rifle, hers has a foregrip, she is trying to get used to the new style forward grip that Im trying on my rifle.
    Ive heard people say time and time again that someone needs to hold a weapon a certain way, and from someone who has spent over ten k in the last ten years in classes I would tend to agree.
    But chasing someone with a camera you are bound to get a pic that doesnt have her holding the weapon up to someone elses expectations.
    There were pics that were better, but I dont show pics of her face for privacy reasons.
    And in the end, fact is she has probably hit more target space this week than you my friend!
    Last edited by ubersoldate; 07-30-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Couple hundred yards maybe. I couldn't see the initial impact.
    That just does not seem enough.

I've seen that video before. I agree with almost everyone else on here, the dudes that let her shoot that hand cannon are complete douche bags, and should be pistol whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Shooting on the move.
    We practice different styles as well as off hand around obstacles.
    This is my rifle, hers has a foregrip, she is trying to get used to the new style forward grip that Im trying on my rifle.
    Ive heard people say time and time again that someone needs to hold a weapon a certain way, and from someone who has spent over ten k in the last ten years in classes I would tend to agree.
    But chasing someone with a camera you are bound to get a pic that doesnt have her holding the weapon up to someone elses expectations.
    There were pics that were better, but I dont show pics of her face for privacy reasons.
    And in the end, fact is she has probably hit more target space this week than you my friend!
    Sorry if I offended, I was trying to be clear that I didn't mean your wife but still making the point that many beginner women shooters use a horribly incorrect stance and of how women are often givin poor or no instuction.

An advanced shooter won't use correct form for every shot, especially in tactical drills.

What she appears to be doing is a blend of correct form and quick target aquisition, she isn't fully facing the target (like some new women do), she has the butt properly in her shoulder pocket, she doesn't have her finger jammed into the trigger gaurd...it's obvious she knows all the fundamentals (and I'm sure well beyond).

Its just that the gun is swung away from her body enough to be noticable, that made me think of what I have seen so many times before.

First time my ex-wife shot a rifle she naturally went facing the target, feet way too far apart, arms too straight, was leaning back, and wanted to hold it away from her shoulder so she didn't get "pushed back". For some reaon this seems to be one of the natural poses a woman does when shooting a gun for the first time. It must be fear based.

Before she took the safety off, I corrected her stance. I didn't have a .22 at the time to give her the modest recoil experiance, we used the 30/30 lever, so I needed to make sure there was no learing curve on the basic stance. I don't think she ever would have shot again otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast