Thread: Yugo M70 Front End Questions

Yugo M70 Front End Questions

I just got in a post-sample M70AB2 that has a busted front trunion. I need to replace it, but I'm not sure about a couple of things.

First off, the front trunion has been ground down to fit a standard NDS 3 receiver. Everything headspaces ok, and the owner tried to reweld the broken piece, but the weld keeps breaking.

First question, will an M72 front trunion work in place of the M70s front end?

Second, will the Yugo barrel fit a standard 23mm front trunion? Reason I ask is if the M72 won't work, I'm probably going to have to go with a standard AKM-style front trunion and weld up the extra holes from the thru-rivet.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I used a Yugo barrel in a polish trunnion, I had to widen the rear sight cutout and the barrel pin was off (had to redrill) but it wasn't a big deal to get it to work.

Cool. Not having any luck with finding Yugo rear sights so it sounds like a standard AKM it is. Thanks for the info.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.