Thread: God I wish I was rich....

Unhappy God I wish I was rich....

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Neat but really even if I had the money I wouldn't spend what they're asking for it. I'll keep my PTR's

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

interesting method for the semi shelf

That was a neat mod.

I had a shot at a HK41 about 6 years ago.

IF the owner woulda taken a little more care of it I woulda got it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

The HK 41 (and by extension that G3) are all actually machineguns, since they use a swing-down lower. ATF exempted them that classification since they were imported as semis and only intended for use as semis at the time, and required the creation of the shelf lower design for HK to be able to import anymore.

That there rifle in the ad will accept a full auto swing-down lower, and would function as a machinegun with just that addition (the pictured bolt carrier is a full auto carrier already). It would be illegal to do so without registering it as a machinegun first, of course, but apart from the legal fiction imported by its early importation date, it's identical to and potentially functional as a real-deal G3.

The Belgian G-series FALs imported in the 70's are the same deal - they had machinegun recievers, but a semi-auto ejector block installed, and were similarly exempted by ATF, which required all later imports and receivers to block the sear channel with a part of the receiver instead of the removable ejector block.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

For a collector I guess it might be worth it but my CETME looks almost identical and cost a lot less.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Sorry for 9000+ I want a special switch.

Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
    The HK 41 (and by extension that G3) are all actually machineguns, since they use a swing-down lower. ATF exempted them that classification since they were imported as semis and only intended for use as semis at the time, and required the creation of the shelf lower design for HK to be able to import anymore.

That there rifle in the ad will accept a full auto swing-down lower, and would function as a machinegun with just that addition (the pictured bolt carrier is a full auto carrier already). It would be illegal to do so without registering it as a machinegun first, of course, but apart from the legal fiction imported by its early importation date, it's identical to and potentially functional as a real-deal G3.

The Belgian G-series FALs imported in the 70's are the same deal - they had machinegun recievers, but a semi-auto ejector block installed, and were similarly exempted by ATF, which required all later imports and receivers to block the sear channel with a part of the receiver instead of the removable ejector block.
    I do not think that is a standard swing down trigger pack or reciever that accepts it (as mod'ed), the pin hole has been move rearward in such a way I think it would be impossable to insert a FA pack.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I do not think that is a standard swing down trigger pack or reciever that accepts it (as mod'ed), the pin hole has been move rearward in such a way I think it would be impossable to insert a FA pack.
    and the flat piece of sheet metal that makes their "shelf" would also require the pivot for the saftey sear to be removed to fit in, same as a solid shelf.

Cool....but not $8,200-worth of cool.

I agree for that price I could get a couple fals/couple aks/ couple cetmes/ a mac ten/ 1022/ turkeygun and ammo for above listed plus range membership.