Thread: New AK Magazine?

New AK Magazine?

It appears that AIM Surplus has a new AK magazine I haven't seen before in-stock. HERE

Anybody know anything about them? The look an awfully lot like a magazine that was under development by a contributer here before the site went down.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

I have been shooting AK-47's for many years, always using surplus metal magaazines, and have never had a problem. That said, the magazine you pointed out looks very interesting and I may have to buy one to try it out, particularly since there is free shipping.

Thanks for the post!!

romak10/63UF
    Looks well built to say the least... its pretty impressive i bet zero FTF plus made in the U.S.A !!!!!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I remember reading a while back that they cannot be disassembled.

I like to take my mags apart and clean them after shooting.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    It appears that AIM Surplus has a new AK magazine I haven't seen before in-stock. HERE

Anybody know anything about them? The look an awfully lot like a magazine that was under development by a contributer here before the site went down.
    The USPalms were developed with the input of Gabe Suarez, and he staked a whole lot of his reputation on them. Unfortunately, USP went and re-invented the wheel. The lips are not steel reinforced and they don't fit into standard AK magazine pouches. They also cannot be disassembled, which is something to keep in mind. Not just for maintenance, but for replacement of parts as well.

In my experience, they present no significant advantage over similarily priced, and battleproven, Bulgarian Circle 10s. If these magazines cost $18, like P-Mags, they'd be a great deal. At $30? A pointless waste of money unless you need the US parts for compliance.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Didn't know they were from Gabe. Do you know if the new Palm grip is his too? It turns me off from them.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

There was a concern about mags not having metal feed lips.
    I wonder if this type plastic (feed lips) will hold up as well as the metal mags.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Didn't know they were from Gabe. Do you know if the new Palm grip is his too? It turns me off from them.
    He's the biggest retailer of USPalm products, and generally 'tests' everything.

As to the feedlips, the 3rd Generation of USPs have so far tested quite well. That said, I don't know of a single instance of these being used in combat or being subjected to tests any more stringent than those folks on the internet can dream up.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    The USPalms were developed with the input of Gabe Suarez, and he staked a whole lot of his reputation on them. Unfortunately, USP went and re-invented the wheel. The lips are not steel reinforced and they don't fit into standard AK magazine pouches. They also cannot be disassembled, which is something to keep in mind. Not just for maintenance, but for replacement of parts as well.

In my experience, they present no significant advantage over similarily priced, and battleproven, Bulgarian Circle 10s. If these magazines cost $18, like P-Mags, they'd be a great deal. At $30? A pointless waste of money unless you need the US parts for compliance.
    Good to know. I've got over 30+ east-bloc 30rd steel mags so I wasn't really in the market for this new mag anyways, but it sounds like they aren't something I'm interested in trying out. Thanks.