Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW ROMANIAN UNIT GROUP ! Come JOIN !

romak10/63UF

NEW ROMANIAN UNIT GROUP ! Come JOIN !

This group is made up of People who own romiana ak-47s an SKS's I encourage you to come join the new GROUP called " ROMANIAN UNIT " Thank you

That is one thing I do nor own - a Romanian SKS.
    Got SAR, WASR, PSL, M69 and M44 covered, but no SKS.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I'm an AK nut and I do not own an SKS.

Too bad because I have a fairly nice collection of Romanian AK variants.

"AND SKS's"

romak10/63UF
    Its ok guys come join every one who owns anything romanian is welcomed to join .

had half a dozen romys aks but sold em ,even had a romy 59 and sold it too.......now iv got neighboring saigas and a albi sks

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I don't get it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Yea Buddy! I've got the "three bad sisters" my romy girls, and cinderella the orphan SKS. I can't stop! Please someone send me to AKREHAB. We need to start an AK 12 step group AKA, for all of us that have the addiction...I just relapsed and got another! Hi, I'm Brian and I'm an AKholic.........
    Just me and my monkey....

romak10/63UF
    Any one as well as Every one is Welcomed to join the Romanian Unit Group... If you are interested but send a invite... post pictures of your Romanian sks or ak47's let us know what all you have done to your Romanian Firearms...

Thanks, I'm a newbie, but I joined, I'll put up pics of my WASR at some point.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Well since there are no pictures in this thread, I will start with one of my Romanian oldie but goodie!

CUR2 (5.45x39)

well, since there is no real direction on how or where to join, i'll just post a pic.

there is some Romanian goodness in this menagerie somewhere.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

My first and only Romy for now.I plan on at least a few more. So far I refinished the wood and polished the bolt carrier. I have an AK sling, bakelite handle and slant brake on the way and should be here tomorrow.

I'll post my Romy Crap Tomorrow.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Here's a pic of my Romy SAR-1 that I bought new in 8/2001.

In 2005 I swapped out rear trunnions and modified the receiver, got some K-VAR plastic and a -74 style brake. I have both solid and skeleton stocks and am in the slow process of building a AK-74M.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2011

My first build

It was a Romanian G from way back in the day when the kits were were $80 each, they came with perfect beautiful barrels, all numbers matched, they were pristine, and everyone said Romanian AKs sucked. I built it with no rivet jigs and no press, just a bunch of steel rods I cut up and drilled out to make bucking bars, a vise, and a hammer. About 15,000 rounds later, and it still shoots fine - a testament to the brilliant design of the gun. Even a knucklehead like me with just hand tools can put one together.

I've built a few more since then, and my stockpile of kits grew to an alarming size. This Romanian started life as a military AK, and it fails its headspace check like mad, but I still put about 5,000 rounds through it.

I liked it so much I got a few Romanian underfolder kits, and I built one up. I really don't like shooting these, because the underfolder stocks are all knackered, and they wiggle like mad, but the angled stock shoots better than any other underfolder I've seen. By the way the stock on this one is milled, not stamped.

I love them anyway. I even decided to put an extra Polish underfolder stock on a G kit. This bad daddy shoots like a dream. The stock locks up tighter than a duck's ass, and I hit the 300 yard gong 26 rounds out of 30 all day long.

I like building rifles, and the Romanian ones are the most fun, because the kits cost (when I got them) so little that I can afford to make mistakes. I even built a pistol which is no fun at all to shoot, but chicks dig it.

I finally caved and bought a few RPK kits, and to date I've built two Romanians. They're the ones on the far right:

I still have a few more to build:

Guns rock.

By the way, what's a "group" - from the thread starter? I'm not sure what you mean by it.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my-rifle View Post
    By the way, what's a "group" - from the thread starter? I'm not sure what you mean by it.
    http://www.gunsnet.net/group.php?groupid=13

although i dont know how the group is going to work when the moderator of it is now banned.....

It'll work

Heck I've been around fer awhille.

I could moderate.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

So what does the group do? I don't understand the point. I am after all quite old.

Do you have them stored in your garage?? What state are you in?
    "I AM TOO OLD TO FIGHT SO IF THREATENED I SHOOT TO KILL"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast