Thread: new 2xtm build

new 2xtm build

I just started my first attempt to put together an Ak 47 9mm Soumi mag pistol and found out the Roger mag wells are no longer available. I need a mag well and an Ak 74 bolt. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Also anyone who has built one can tell me how much to cut off the bolt back and the bolt extension pointing to the rear trunnion. I have all the parts, receiver built, trunnions in, rails in, and am getting ready to start on the bolt carrier and bolt. I am in Arlington Texas Thank you

romak10/63UF
    have you tried the " gunsmithing " forum ?

hey bro you can use an ak47 bolt as long as you cut a spacer the diameter of the 9mm round and press it in bolt face remember to cut a slot for ejector if you have any probs Ill talk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    hey bro you can use an ak47 bolt as long as you cut a spacer the diameter of the 9mm round and press it in bolt face remember to cut a slot for ejector if you have any probs Ill talk you through it.
    You have any photos of that bolt mod???
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

pressing it in wont work, is not a complete ring, its 2 half rings once you make the cuts for the ejector and the extractor. a pressed in ring would simply fall out in 2 pieces.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 Crash's Avatar

I'll check my boxes of parts as I think I have a XTM mag well for a Suomi and a PPSH. I bought them a long time ago and need to see what I paid for them. If I don't respond back in a few days then send me a PM as a reminder. I have school after work so by the time I get home I'll probably forget...

goJuly 31, 2006
    Ak-47 to AK-74 Bolt conversion bushings are now available. Bushing reduces the inside diameter of the 7.62X39 bolt face to accept the smaller 9MM or 7.62X25 case. See "Parts" page on this site.

July 4, 2006
    this is on his announcement page. also contact him sometimes he might have a few left.
    Last edited by robert; 03-16-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Jack Squat has Suomi or PPsh magwells for $16 each. I bought a Suomi one from him last year.

http://theflatspot.weebly.com/suomi-...m-magwell.html

It ships as a pile of laser or waterjet cut pieces that fit together, but they're only $16.

AK-Builder still has 2XTM flats.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Jack Squat has Suomi or PPsh magwells for $16 each. I bought a Suomi one from him last year.

It ships as a pile of laser or waterjet cut pieces that fit together, but they're only $16.

Has anyone made a 9mm using this magwell?

If so, what issues did you have using stick mags? I have a bunch of Suomi stick mags and don't really want to buy a drum.

"* Note on the use of stick magazines - Stick magazines fit in the SUOMAGWELL but due to the different orientation of the rounds in the stick mags there might be issues with feeding which require some adjustment on the part of the user. The drums have the round positioned in the center of the magwell while the stick has the round slightly to the side.*"

I have a couple of AK-74 bolts/carriers/trunions and a stack of flats. I also have some time for a "project."

Anyone know of someone making mag wells like this for Sten Mags?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarts View Post
    Anyone know of someone making mag wells like this for Sten Mags?
    thats how i did mine. just take one from a sten kit and weld it in. mkIII's are teh cheapest/most available. if you get one of those, youll have to cut the ejector out.

failing that, my last 9mm build also used sten mags, and i just welded one up out of some sheet metal. if you have the resources and knowlwdge to embark on one of these builds, id suspect you probably have the means of making a mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    thats how i did mine. just take one from a sten kit and weld it in. mkIII's are teh cheapest/most available. if you get one of those, youll have to cut the ejector out.

failing that, my last 9mm build also used sten mags, and i just welded one up out of some sheet metal. if you have the resources and knowlwdge to embark on one of these builds, id suspect you probably have the means of making a mag well.
    Yeah, I could make one but why bother if someone else already offers the product.

thanks for all the help as these folks are great to deal with and we bought severial. Drums are getting hard to find as a lot of gun kita and parts.

Great folks to do business with and the people on this site are the best. Thanks so much for all your timely suggestions.