Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb*ss DEA Agent

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I think I would have excused myself and went into the hallway to cry like a little girl. There is no way I am hobbling around that room with a bunch of kids and try to finish the failure of a presentation I was giving.

By the way, I would be crying for two reasons, one would be from about the ultimate embarassment I can think of (as Swampy pointed out, he was the only one qualified to have a Glock .40 in the room). The second would be because that had to hurt, a lot, maybe even more than a lot.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I just remembered a story from before the Internet. I believe it was an Army recruiter was doing a demonstration at a high school assembly. As part of the demonstration he brought out a 1911 and managed to shoot himself in the abdomen. He put the gun down and calmly walked outside the gym where he had someone call 911. In the meantime, someone else kept everyone calm in the gym. This was probably about 20 years ago now. I tried to find the story but was unsuccessful. I believe the outcome of that was recruiters no longer bring weapons to show at schools.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    I can't help but laugh every time I see this old video.
    Especially when the kids start saying "Put it back" when this retard wants to bring out a rifle next....

CLASSIC!

The irony of course is that he probably reached more children with his intended message that day than any other lecture in the history of public education. Before the AD (ND ? ) those kids are all fawning over his sweet "Glock fo-tay". But after the ND, they start running from the room when somebody hands him a rifle. You see that? %100 absorption rate in that room, and they even physically acted upon that lesson within two second of learning it! I'd say they got a crash course in almost everything you really need to know about guns, ass clowns, and safety. Bystander-wise anyways.

It's really to bad they didn't see the genius in that. People were so quick to focus on the disgrace suffered by Mr. Paige, instead of seeing the revolution in child education unfolding right before their eyes. Imagine how fast kids would learn calculus if they had to face the negative reinforcement of a live fire obstacle course! You see? This is why the Chinese are killin us right now!

Anyways...

Mission accomplished officer Lee Paige!
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 03-14-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I just remembered a story from before the Internet. I believe it was an Army recruiter was doing a demonstration at a high school assembly. As part of the demonstration he brought out a 1911 and managed to shoot himself in the abdomen. He put the gun down and calmly walked outside the gym where he had someone call 911. In the meantime, someone else kept everyone calm in the gym. This was probably about 20 years ago now. I tried to find the story but was unsuccessful. I believe the outcome of that was recruiters no longer bring weapons to show at schools.
    It was in 2004, here's the story. You can go to google and type in the title and find several different sites.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    CLASSIC!

The irony of course is that he probably reached more children with his intended message that day than any other lecture in the history of public education. Before the AD (ND ? ) those kids are all fawning over his sweet "Glock fo-tay". But after the ND, they start running from the room when somebody hands him a rifle. You see that? %100 absorption rate in that room, and they even physically acted upon that lesson within two second of learning it! I'd say they got a crash course in almost everything you really need to know about guns, ass clowns, and safety. Bystander-wise anyways.

It's really to bad they didn't see the genius in that. People were so quick to focus on the disgrace suffered by Mr. Paige, instead of seeing the revolution in child education unfolding right before their eyes. Imagine how fast kids would learn calculus if they had to face the negative reinforcement of a live fire obstacle course! You see? This is why the Chinese are killin us right now!

Anyways...

Mission accomplished officer Lee Paige!
    Either that or they learned..."Never trust the Po Po...dey so crazy they even shoots demselfz too!"

Quote Originally Posted by skatedcshoes View Post
    It was in 2004, here's the story. You can go to google and type in the title and find several different sites.
    The video that Swampy posted was shot in 2004. The incident I described happened earlier and instead of it being a law enforcement officer it was a military recruiter. I also seem to remember that the recruiter was doing something like demonstrating how to disarm a man with a gun. It has been a long time. I am sure though, that it was not how to disarm a man with a banana.

NRA Endowment Member

the end of the Snopes article reads;
    Quote Originally Posted by Snopes View Post
    According to one press account, the distribution of the video prompted the DEA to suspend the agent involved and begin an investigation into the source of the video.
    That should tell you something about how the government views such things.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidartha View Post
    the end of the Snopes article reads;

That should tell you something about how the government views such things.
    What do you mean? Views such things as being stupid enough to shoot yourself or to be the person to film it and post it so everyone can see a government employee (DEA no less) being stupid.

NRA Endowment Member

Either that or they learned..."Never trust the Po Po...dey so crazy they even shoots demselfz too!"
    Yes. It was a very complex, and multi layered experience. I think those kids took a lot more home at the end of the day than just "cops get to carry awesome gangsta shit all the time". I mean, this is really something they can tell their therapists decades from now. Really powerfull stuff here. Human drama at it's finest man.

Lee Paige. Classic. He tried to sue about the video going viral but lost I think.
    His 'career' was trashed.
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight You. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959/1963. Good Conduct Medal. And They Wanted It Back.

Not only that, but loaded or not, what was he doing pulling the trigger anyways in a room full of kids?
    I think you said it yourself in the thread title...he's a dumb ass. (As an aside, I can no longer even think of that phrase "dumb ass" without hearing it spoken by Red Forman, from That 70's Show...it's the quintessential vocalization of the phrase.)
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

For those wondering whatever happened to this guy:

DEA Agent Who Shoots Himself In The Foot Blames Gov't For His Problems
    from the perhaps-he-shouldn't-have-shot-himself-in-the-foot dept

About a year ago, one of the more amusing "viral" videos that got passed around like crazy was the one of the DEA agent giving a bunch of children a lecture about the danger of guns. Just as he says he's the only one in the room professional enough to be able to handle a Glock, he shoots himself in the foot. To be honest, when I saw it originally, I thought he actually handled the situation fairly well, given the fact that he had just shot himself in the foot. He uses it as an example of how accidents can happen with guns -- without noting that pointing a gun at his foot and pulling the trigger without actually checking to see if it was loaded probably isn't the smartest thing to do. However, it turns out now that the DEA agent in question is suing the US government for the release of the tape online -- claiming that it's crippled his career and subjected himself to a tremendous amount of harassment. Indeed, it's not surprising at all that such notoriety might make it tough for him to go on undercover assignments or find additional work as a motivational speaker. However, to blame the government for the release of the video online, without noting that he was the one who, you know, did the actual shooting himself in the foot, seems to be stretching things a bit. It's not the release of the video that's his problem... it was the shooting of the foot.
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060414/171235.shtml

I found a statement on another board that said that an Orlando judge dismissed his lawsuit... there was a link, but it took me to a newspaper page no longer accessible.

I can't help but laugh every time I see this old video.
    Especially when the kids start saying "Put it back" when this retard wants to bring out a rifle next....

That dumbass is "Lee Paige" and he tried to sue everyone and his brother for "making him the laughing stock of the Internet".

Sorry LEE... you made a dumbass out of yourself.

And, how much you wanna bet that the rifle he was asked to put down was a brand new $500 M16/M4 that our employees forbid us lowly peons from owning?

"Ahm the only one in this room professional enough to handle this Glock foe-tee BANG!"
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    This one's almost as good...
    Look how fast the stupid bitch puts the weapon away... "huh? Who? me? Not me? I didn't do it!"

But they're the PO-LEECE... more "professional" than us lowly citizens who go shooting every weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by skatedcshoes View Post
    Every time I see that DEA agent shot himself, it makes me wonder why the gun was even loaded or had live ammunition at a demonstration in the first place. He even "checked" it and told everyone it was empty.
    He made the classic mistake. The mag is supposed to come out FIRST, before opening and checking the weapon. What that dumbass did was to CHAMBER a previously unchambered weapon.

Then he made mistake #2 by putting his finger on the trigger.

All I can say is thank God the dumbass shot HIMSELF instead of one of those kids or their parents...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!! LOL!!!!!!
    It this the real RJ now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    CLASSIC!
    Before the AD (ND ? )
    No such thing as an ACCIDENTAL discharge. If the gun fires when it's not wanted to or expected to, it's NEGLIGENCE on the part of the person holding it.

Last year in Kindergarten, my son came home from school telling me that they had a "gun safety" class.

I called the school and found out the guidance counselor is the one who put the class together... she's required to teach so many "elective" type classes, and last year she chose "gun safety".

Well I was a little upset that I was given no prior notice that the class was going to be taught... the principle of the elementary school couldn't understand why I was so upset.

I told her I had no idea who was teaching the class or what their certification to do so was... I also told her I had no way of knowing if actual firearms would be present and if they would or not be loaded with live ammo at the time of presentation... she still didn't understand until I forwarded her a link to this video. Then she got it.

Good news is that my son came home and said "daddy, they told me every thing you already told me... but they didn't say X, Y, and Z".

I've given my son instruction beyond what was presented in school.... this tard of a guidance counselor, my 5 year old knows more about gun safety than her.

Here's the dufas again:

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I think you said it yourself in the thread title...he's a dumb ass. (As an aside, I can no longer even think of that phrase "dumb ass" without hearing it spoken by Red Forman, from That 70's Show...it's the quintessential vocalization of the phrase.)
    Red was great! lol.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast