Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks Alot Swampy

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    lol....

All politics aside, I really like the guns.
    I’ve never fired an HK before. I just stopped looking for a carry piece after I got my Beretta. before that it was all wheel guns. carried a Dan Wesson .357 mag for years. The Beretta just offered the range, accuracy and capacity that the six shooter could not.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I’ve never fired an HK before. I just stopped looking for a carry piece after I got my Beretta. before that it was all wheel guns. carried a Dan Wesson .357 mag for years. The Beretta just offered the range, accuracy and capacity that the six shooter could not.
    I shot so many M9's that I lost count.
    I was torn between a Sig and an HK for quite a while just for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    I shot so many M9's that I lost count.
    I was torn between a Sig and an HK for quite a while just for something different.
    I've fired the glock and the sig. they just didn’t work for me. I think I’m just spoiled.
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 03-19-2011 at 01:51 AM.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I've fired the glock and the sig. they just didn’t work for me. I think I’m just spoiled.
    I agree about the Glock. I just never cared for them.

Learned my lesson with the glocks/XD's. Dont load it if you dont want it loaded. And if loaded, DONT fuck with the trigger. I had 2 oh stits negligant discharges. No one was hurt but scary. That aside G19 for every day carry for 1 year now and no problems what so ever...... And HK in the winter somethimes.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Learned my lesson with the glocks/XD's. Dont load it if you dont want it loaded. And if loaded, DONT fuck with the trigger. I had 2 oh stits negligant discharges. No one was hurt but scary. That aside G19 for every day carry for 1 year now and no problems what so ever...... And HK in the winter somethimes.
    I love the oversize trigger guard on the HK. Makes shooting it in the winter with gloves on no problem at all.
    That's one specific thing that made me give up on revolvers for sure in cold weather.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Well you shouldn't wave a gun around with one in the chamber, safety or no. Professional or no

My personal feelings are that safeties don't belong on carry pieces. If someone is asaulting me and I am I'm fear for my life I want to be able to pull and shoot without the possibility of missing the safety with my thumb. If you're worried about keeping your finger off the trigger, you shouldn't be taking the gun out of the holster unless you are planning to fire it anyway.

Edit to add:
    I don't think the point if the video has anything to do with the pistol being used; I think it has everything to do with the fact that even dea agents can be morons, and basic safe gun handling techniques are important for everyone to learn and follow. Especially in a room full of kids....
    Last edited by 6gunsal; 03-22-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123