Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee! Made to taste!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    That reminds me, I better go out and clean up my Rhubarb patch and feed it.

Rabarbara je višegodišnja zeljasta biljka sa krupnim listovima i dugim debelim zelenim, ljubičastim, ili ružičastim stabljikama. Biljke posjeduju velike listove i trokutastu dugu mesnatu stabljiku. Cvijeće je malo, zeleno-bijelo do roza-crveno. Postoji mnogo vrsta rabarbare uzgojene kao medicinska biljka i kao biljka za ljudsku ishranu. Za ishranu se koriste samo stabljike, jer listovi posjeduju toksin.

Yup you are right it is Rhubarb.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Looks Russian, but is it? Could it be Bosnian?? Talking about Russian. I have a strange pack of coworkers these days. We are a bunch of norwegians and sweeds. Then there is a guy from Polen, one from Latvia, one Danish, a Russian and one guy from New York USA. The Russian guy is from Siberia, we shouldnt complain about winter anymore. Jesus, that place is a hard place to live. The guy from New York used to live close to Manhattan. Now he is a hard working guy on a construction site in Norway. The dirt under his nails probably wount come off if he lives to be 125 years. Funny how life throws you arround..... An indian told me once, when I was in Canada...: "Live your life like the leaf floating down the river". He was a chief, and owned a huge golf course for Canadian hotshots. I found that very funny.

Slovene, my Bohunk Great Grandpa would have been able to read it and that is what he called Rhubarb. I didn't know you Norwegians used the same word.....or was it just your spelling, What you got in your coffee there old buddy?

Funny you mentioned that old saying about life. I just used a line similar to it on another site. "Life isn't fair or unfair, life just is."

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

"Life is like a box of chocolates... " yummm. I just hope some of them turn out to be sugar free.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    Grandma's Recipe Box: #2 Death By Chocolate

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 12:32PM
    Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines are two of my Grandmother's biggest heroes. She's a huge fan of boxed cake mix! In fact, she thinks it's absolutely ridiculous when I insist on making a cake from scratch.
    Here's the second recipe out of Grandma's Recipe box, a very decadent confection, Death By Chocolate! Although it's incredibly easy, relying heavily on instant ingredients - boxed cake mix, instant mousse and Cool Whip - the tall, chocolately Trifle makes a very impressive appearance.

Ingredients:
    1 Chocolate Cake Mix
    1 Cup Kahlua Liquor
    4 Boxes Chocolate Mousee (or Instant Chocolate Pudding)
    4 Bars of BarNone Candy, chopped
    2 Large tubs of Cool Whip
    Bake chocolate cake as directed. When cooled lightly pierce the top with a fork and drizzle with Kahlua. Cover cake with plastic wratp and refrigerate overnight.
    The next day, break up cake into small pieces and layer, cake, mousse 9or pudding), BarNone, and Cool Whip. Repeat layers until the Trifle bow is full.
    For you Kathy, it's the best I can do.

THUCYDIDES.

OG That is awesome! Your Grandma knew how to combine goodies.

Grandma did but I got this off a site called Death by chocolate. I found it a long time ago and it's one of my favorites to go back to. Those deserts are the kind where we make one and split it among 3 of us and then we have to check our blood sugar to see how much insulin we need. Always worth it though, it makes a very happy belly.

THUCYDIDES.

Rabarbaraba is the word we use in Norway. We must have adobted it. Way to un-norwegian to be born here. As a kid I used to dip them in sugar and eat. Maybe I should try to make something out of it.

It has been a nice day over here. Sunny and good. Collected 7 kg of blackpowder, reloaded a bunch of 45-70 and 45-90 rounds for a BP competition on sunday. Looking forward to it.

Been at the hospital again with my throat, thats why Im a bit delayed coming over OG. The first thing they did didnt work. Im waiting for another round. Knifes and full package this time. Hopefully they`ll take me in during May. If Im lucky I can shout at you when I get over. Havent been able to do that for 3 years. I miss it....

Have a great weekend....

Have fun at the shoot but good luck with the operation. I'd rather see you in August loud and profane then squeaky in May. I'll work on building up a bigger supply of targets. I will dig into my files and find some Rhubarb recipes and send a few to you. The beauty of rhubarb is it goes with so many other fruits and berries in combination. Rhubarb/Cherry pie,
    Rhubarb/Apple tart, Rhubarb/Strawberry jam, and then there is:
    Rhubarb Cake

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups raw Rhubarb cut fine
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1 cup applesauce
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. soda
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 cups flour

Directions: In large mixing bowl cream sugars and butter, add egg and salt. Stir in applesauce, soda, vanilla, and flour. Add rhubarb. Pour in prepared 9x13x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Bake at 375-degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. The cake is moist, do not use frosting.

THUCYDIDES.

Indeed, squeeking is no good. And please send me some recipes... The rhubarb just grows and dies. Nobody seems to harvest anymore. Just a place to find worms for fishing... holy smoke, that reminds me. The season for hunting pike is just arround the corner. I better get my shotgun ready. Pikecakes taste soooo goood.....

You use a shotgun for bait????

Good thing about rhubarb is that picking it makes the rest of the rhubarb left behind grow faster. If you have a nice patch of it now get some manure and side dress it now before it gets big, then mulch to keep down the weeds. After that just check it every week or so until you see a few stalks as big around as your thumb and just pull them out. DO NOT CUT THEM. If you do it leaves a stump behind taking up energy from the plant and it will rot. If it's ready to harvest it will pull away from the mother plant easily.

THUCYDIDES.

Pssst! "AMAZON.COM"

That's where we buy our coffee from... its cheaper.

We've got a Tassimo single cup coffee maker, just put the little disc in and you've got coffee in less than 60 seconds.

As for OP commenting on the grind... we also buy coffee beans by the bag and I use a simple Krupp's grinder.... it only holds perhaps a 1/4 cup of beans (enough for a pot of coffee) and depending on how long I mash the button down, I can get the grind as fine as talcum powder for esspresso, or just perhaps 20-30 seconds for a routine grind for normal strength flavored coffee.

When we make it by the "pot", I use a Bodum type karafe that "presses" the coffee... quicker to make than drip, stronger flavor... the Tassimo or Keurig type single cup makers are convenient when all you want is a single cup before work.... the kids love making hot chocolate in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVI2w21IlFU&feature=related

I love that Tassimo commercial, that little robot makes me want a cup of coffee.

Coffee beans better than chicken poop?

OG... dont tell me you havent hunted pike before... Every spring it goes for shallow water to breed. Thats when you should be lurking arround with your shotgun. In knocks them out long enough for you to grab them. However, you should use a fork or something. And I dont mean the kind of fork you got in your kitchen.

I could do that but then the Sheriff, the Game Warden and the State Police would all want a word with me. Then they would take my guns, my ammunition, my fishing gear, my right to buy a fishing and hunting license and a very large amount of my money. Since I can't pay the money I will have to go to jail, you wouldn't want to visit me in jail. I get really ornery because they take my belt and my pants fall down and they take my cane and I spend time hanging onto walls or kissing the floor. This does terrible things to my disposition. Thanks to the robbery at my storage shed 2 years ago almost all of my fishing gear is gone including the Pike and Musky lures. That doesn't help either. I'd rather fish than eat but I can't fish anymore and that hurts more than you know.

THUCYDIDES.

Oj... they dont like fish hunting over there do they.. Try to stay out of jail for a little while longer. I remember you talked about those bastards stealing your fishing gear. Any idea who did it? Local punks?

Good evening everyone. It was in the 70s today, nice!

I had 80 yesterday and a good afternoon shooting then the winds hit. Not far from me they had tornadoes and the roads are flooded near my nieces home. Today it was 63 and all the tornado towns are picking up the pieces. Don't like the weather wait a minute. They just had a guy on TV talking about standing outside looking at the funnel cloud and seeing debris fly through the air. It turned out to be half of his roof. He was an older duffer like me so probably retired, that's going to be hard to recover from.

THUCYDIDES.

Some dredge of society broke the window of my truck and took Liz's purse while we were eating dinner at a restaurant. I didn't know Liz's purse was stolen until we got a phone call telling us her purse was found. The only thing I could find that was taken was her bank card. Of course, I called the bank to let them know. Liz's card is froze, and she'll get a new one with-in a week.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Considering I do not believe in capital punishment If I could do to habitual thieves what I want to do to them they would prefer capital punishment. I hope you got the card froze in time.

THUCYDIDES.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast