Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Coffee! Made to taste!

I managed to get Liz's card froze in time. I like the Muslim's way of dealing with thieves... Chop their hand off and cauterize the stub with a red hot steel. That way, everyone knows who are the thieves.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Glad you got the card dealt with in time, too bad about your window 63D I hope the crook/vandals get what they have coming to them one way or another.

Here in CT life imprison means cable tv and ping pong, death row does not.
    Last edited by kathy; 04-13-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Last night, I noticed our refrigerator wasn't working. I pulled out the fridge from between the counter and the pantry to check if a mouse had chewed through the cord like one did last time. Everything looked good. I did a test to see if I was getting juice to the outlet. The multimeter said I wasn't. Idiot me had a flash of realization! Check the damned circuit breaker, you idiot!!! Sure enough; It was tripped! I feel like an idiot for not checking the easiest thing first!

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I usually, USUALLY check the breakers first but I have been known to pull things out, un-tape and pull off wire nuts, put meter probes on and then go check the breaker. And I am an electrician.

Being a pro doesn't always mean we will do it right the first time. On the other hand I will pull it out and check if the breaker was tripped hard. My nose has found problems before I could see them with my eyes or meter and flipping the breaker back on is not always a good idea. You did good.

By the way did you clean out all the little cobwebs underneath, clean the grill of the condenser and vacuum up the mice poopers before you pushed it back to the wall. We are supposed to do that regularly but somehow it just never gets on our schedule unless we have to pull the refrigerator or freezer out for some other reason.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I got a phone call today from the restaurant's owner. They found a clear picture of the guy breaking into my truck in their security cameras. The owners said they have always gotten a conviction and sentence of at least five years when they get pictures that clear. Turns out the restaurant's owner was a sub hunter in the Navy. He said catching these crooks made him feel as alive as back when he was hunting sub on active duty!

Great news for you both! Hope they catch the crook...

This kids showed me this... good for a giggle:

http://www.kidstube.com/videos/62977...g-orange-apple
    Last edited by kathy; 04-16-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Our next President!!!

Isn't this commander who pulled out a pistol on an enemy combatant to extract information that saved several of his troops? If so, he got MY vote!

If nothing else I like him just for this.
    Rep. Allen West Tells ‘Koran-Wielding‘ CAIR Executive Not to ’Blow Sunshine up My Butt’

At a townhall meeting hosted by Congressman Allen West on Monday evening in Pompano Beach, the Q&A segment of the meeting featured a Koran wielding Nezar Hamze, Executive Director of the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Hamze confronted Congressman West and asked him to point out where in the Koran does it give marching orders to Muslims “to carry out attacks against Americans and innocent people”. West quickly pointed out that the Koran was written long before America even existed and that it does indeed tell believers to kill infidels, and then proceeded to chronicle a lengthy list of historical Muslim acts of aggression.
    I would like to see a little more legislative experience before we start touting him for the White House. I'd like to see where he goes when gun control issues are brought up in the house.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I can add one more thing to this FUed week! I got a phone call just before 5 this morning. One of the kids I'm helping through college called, telling me there's something wrong with one of her housemates. One of her boyfriend's friends went to a party and ended up getting his drink spiked. According to the cop, it looked like someone put angeldust in his beer. Fortunately, no-one got hurt. The police officer had everything under control. When Tyler got loud, the officer told him he wasn't there to arrest anyone, but to make sure Tyler doesn't hurt himself or anyone else. Tyler was fairly cooperative, but was tied to the gurney for his and the medic's safety. Tyler is down from the drugs now. He's calling and emailing everyone and apologizing for how he behaved.

I thought we had it rough with silo shine and bad marijuana back in the innocent days when only bums had golden arms. This really sucks if you can't go out for a sociable beer and have to worry about when and where you are going to wake up.

THUCYDIDES.

63D he would be well advised to avoid parties with any of those people in the future.

Lt Col Allen West has to run, I joined a group to draft him. So far of all of the great people stepping forward it is him who I like best to lead!

http://912warroom.com/2011/04/allen-...bless-america/
    Last edited by kathy; 04-17-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Alright! New favorite coffee! Blue Mountain Jamaican! Not acidity, not oily, mellow and can stand on it's own with it's flavor.

Kathy, I feel anyone who remembers the purpose and reason of his oath of office would make a better politician and President than any of those professional politicians any day of the week! I'd like to hear what he feels on different issues. That'll be the deal sealer.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Going to try to get a couple of the dirt bikes out of my shop and attempt to get them to run. They have been locked up for 2 years without riding. Two Honda CRF 250R's and a CRF 150.

I know I have to change the gas. Clean the plug. Then I'll spend the next 15 minutes trying to kick start the things and getting pissed off. I'll likely find myself tearing down carbs and cleaning them up when everything else fails. The CRF 150 needs to get running as I plan to put it up for sale.

Then to get the daughters quad running again...

Looks like 68 degrees and sunshine tomorrow. This will be the third 60+ degree day since December.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Brian, you may want to try this before tearing into the carb... http://www.b3cfuelsolutions.com/html/mib.html

I had problems starting with my chainsaw and weedeater until I used it.

Kathy, I was going to show that video to some friends of mine. Do you still have that link?

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Kathy, I was going to show that video to some friends of mine. Do you still have that link?
    If I can remember which on it was, I figured it was spamming after putting the first one. I created a facebook page to write Rep LTC West in on your ballot. There is a boatload of youtubes there... each one better than the last

My new project in politics is getting a reaction...from the GOP fools in CT he he

I am going to try to get on the state central committee... wont they love that. The arrogant fool at the top was cursing at me just this morning... lil ole me can you imagine.

edit moved videos to their own thread.
    Last edited by kathy; 04-23-2011 at 06:30 PM.

You big brute you. It's trouble makers like you that killed the magazine ban bill in your state. Aren't you ashamed of yourself.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    You big brute you. It's trouble makers like you that killed the magazine ban bill in your state. Aren't you ashamed of yourself.
    We have a very strong and growing 2nd amendment movement here.

I shouldn't be making this about me, but it feels good to be shaking things up again. I will be helping my friend Malvi run for senate, she is an outspoken lady who escaped Cuba with her parents. But for now I will follow the lead of Rep LTC West and tell it like it is.....

I offered to meet the R party guy cursing at me via email in person if he wants to discuss it further. Let you know what he says, odds are hes brave when his keyboard is protecting him not so when its face to face.. I learned from all of you my Veterans friends to be polite and professional.....behind the scenes support for my current endeavor is building.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Kathy, your amazing. I love it.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast