Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee! Made to taste!

Coffee! Made to taste!

I found the quality of grind makes a difference. While browsing through Craigslist, I found one of the best coffee grinders on the market going for less than 1/5th of what it normally does! http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bfs/2273157237.html In case they pull the ad, it's a Bunn G1 grinder. Bunn also makes a G2 and a G3 grinder. The only difference is the G1 can hold one pound of beans. The G2 can hold 2 pounds. It's obvious what the G3 can hold. They can grind a pound of beans in less than 30 seconds!

Unfortunately, I'm having my truck's injectors and headbolts replaced at the moment, so the budget is a bit tight at the moment.
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Kind of torn myself right now. A pot doesn't last long and a new larger coffee pot is wanted by all 3 of us but looks like coffee might be going up and cutting back could be in the future. I have my mug in front of me now and I'll get another mug later but only because we spoil ourselves on Sunday.

Thunder storm outside, snow is gone and all that rain just makes it seem like a coffee kind of day. Glad I got my shooting in yesterday, I had a feeling it was going to get wet.

Sister has places to go and things to do, Biker brother is getting a rash from not being able to ride his bike and I have a new pair of machetes for brush cutting and a garden that is begging for attention. Come on sunshine.

7 hours and 39 minutes till it's officially spring.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

OG, I looked on-line, and found the prices is twice what I can get whole bean around here! On the average, I can get whole bean coffee for around $6-7 bucks. If I shop around and look hard for sales, I can get the price for a little over $5 a lb. There's one place that has a free membership to their coffee club. It's a little out of my way, so I don't get to go there much. However, they're starting to be worth the extra miles. They're going for a little over $5/lb, but you get a free lb after the 10th lb of coffee.

I'm lucky to live in the Pac Northwest; Coffee is sold all over. I almost fear moving from the Puget Sound area because I don't know if I can get the variety that I can here. Ditto with the seafood.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Iv had nothing but bad coffee all day long at a black powder competition. I think it was made out of some gravel they found arround the range somewhere. Probably where the dogs makes a leak... tasted that way. Coffee is awfully pricy over here these days, so there is no gourmet coffee in the house. Guess I have to stick to the Statoil free coffee for a while...

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Coffee shopping Northwest style. What's your poison. Fred Meyer(Kroger).

Last edited by btcave; 03-20-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Yup! That's pretty much the norm. And that doesn't include the canned major brand aisle.

I buy beans at Costco and online.

My latest find was Ruta Maya a high altitude shade grown from Mexico. Really a good coffee. It is imported to Texas and roasted there so it is legal.

I just went through the networking from hell. LOL My neighbor is a field quality technician for the local cable company who ran a line in for him. When this area was "developed" cable ran by on the main road so putting in cable was required by the county.
    To make a long story short we paid for less than 200' foot of cable to get from his house to us. All we needed was the cable and he did the install.
    Everything (internet, TVs, dual band nano in the TV etc) was installed and working just fine and when I woke up the next morning the dual band (2.4 & 5 Ghz) router died. Anyhow the TVs are working and so is the 8 meg internet; I still have to install the nano for the internet and pair the 3D glasses on the one TV set.

HDR! Glad to see you you back.

Hedning you always make me laugh.

loads of coffee there Btcave, not the case here. I love dunkin doughnuts coffee, its a chain here and I think they put something addictive in it.

OG my campaign manager moved to "the villages" with her husband. I will be involved somehow 2012. Sorry your biker brother has a rash from not riding, mine cleared up when the sun finally came out and I got in a few hours with my best friend... my bike. Hope he gets out soon... its hell.

Coffee is great today, we had warm weather for weeks... today its snowing. Happy spring everyone!

Kathy,
    It is good to be back.

Weather was superb today; 74F here at the house and in town it is closer to 80.

Thats great HDR, wish it was the weather here. Snow melted but its still cold and rainy. The spring flowers and tree buds are trying their best. Very soon we will catch up.

Spring is heading up the coast.

I am really enjoying my new network; super N dual band has it all over G. I still need to hard line the extra bedroom so grandson can plug his play station.

HDR! Great that you're back! You were greatly missed, and there were concerns! I have to ask, how is Ruta Maya? I never heard of it.

I found a source for used and refurbished commercial coffee grinders like the one below. I went on Craigslist and used "Bunn", "Grindmaster", and "Wilbur Curtis" as search words. You can find a used commercial grinder for about the same price or less than a high quality home grinder. The refurbisher I ran across is selling his for around $100, depending on the cosmetic wear.
    http://www.bunnomatic.com/images/pro...s/G1HD_Red.jpg

What I don't like about home grinders is the position the burr is. Every one I have ran across has the burr in the horizontal position. this causes a condition where you need to clean it out often or it clogs.This is because the burr has to force the grinds through a chute. The far side of the chute gets clogged with grounds, and clumps. Soon, the clumps block the exit part of the chute. The commercial grinders you find in the stores has the grinding burr in the vertical position. They grind faster and don't clog due to the fact they have an auger to help feed the beans in, and the grounds out. Here's an interesting note! The burrs are warrantied for 30,000lbs of beans!

Iv just spend two hours of cursing, swearing and making up words that bans me from every religion on earth.... some failed monkey abortion has hacked my mail.... Send spam to every single one in my contact list. I really want that person to sit on my 10 gauge and spread out like manure.... Child molesters, hackers and slow drivers should be treated the same way... food for 10 gauge or send to the moon.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Find the hackers and I will send you a case of 10 gauge #4 shot. In the meantime I will delete any E-mail from you I get till you say you are clean again.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Hedning, I totally agree with you! Hurt them, and hurt them bad! Not long ago, I had to straighten out my older daughter's bank account because someone hacked into one of her accounts and got into her checking account. I had to spend several days repairing the damage.

My sons email was hacked he warned everyone on facebook not to open emails from it. Emails with links to malicious sites were going out.

It was a yahoo account, maybe the freebies are not so good to use.

edit: Please pray for our Military especially those serving in the cluster "f" going on in Libya.
    Last edited by kathy; 03-22-2011 at 05:47 PM.

The back is doing so much better. I still have some discomfort. Notice I'm not using the word pain. I did some canyon diving today with my dog Cooper looking for traces of my lost cat. It felt good to be in the woods again and picking out game trails to follow through the brush. First time in almost a half year.

63- Things ain't 100 percent, but I can now hump the back country again... on a good day. Much better than before.

BT that is great news! Enjoy.

Snow again here... Where did spring go?

Hey Brian, how long was it since the surgery? I understand everyone's mileage may vary, so I'm taking this as a guide.

I got some news from the mechanic who is working on my truck. I went to the dealership he works for, and talked to him. He had me feel the cylinder walls of the engine. I noticed there's no ridge at the top of the cylinders. Also, the home marks are still on the walls. The mechanic said he rarely sees this little wear on engines when they come in with as many miles as my truck has. He suspected the engine was replaced at one time, so he checked the records and engine number. It's the original engine! Over 277,000 miles, and little appreciable wear in the engine! He said he thinks there will be no problem exceeding a million miles if I continue to take care of it as I had.

Surgery was January 6th. I don't think I'll try a back pack for a few more months. I've been taking a lot of walks in the woods with the dog when the weather holds.

I got to change the oil in the truck. Never oil changed a diesel before, unless it was an M551 Sheridan Tank or a M2 Bradley. Need to go get the supplies at Bi-Mart. I'll likely get it done this weekend.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast