Thread: Glock mags, factory versus knock offs, Asian made?

Glock mags, factory versus knock offs, Asian made?

Anyone have any experience with the Asian made Glock 22 mags?

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gl224015amno.html

They are a decent amount cheaper than the factory Glock mags $8 vs $23. I am just wondering if they are crappy mags since they are that much cheaper or if they are similar quality to the factory mags.

Also, anyone know where to get Glock mags fora better price?

I have quite a few of the 9mm mags, they seem to work fine, I have 5 factory Glock mags for each of my G17 and 19 pistols so I use those for serious carry but at the range the korean mags have done me OK. A couple of the 17 mags tend to stick while all the 19 mags drop free (the 19 mags are newer which might be the reason).

romak10/63UF
    The koren mags are great ! in 9mm an 45 an 40 cal..... I personally had bought some SCHERER mags made for the gen 1 glock 21 with out the ambi mag release i found out a eazy an very cool way to convert them to work in the gen 2 with the ambi mag latch. Nothing is more fun then to see people eyes at the gun range light up when you pull out a magazine for your glock thats about a foot long

I've heard a few good comments about the Korean mags, but most have been bad.

Also, original Glock mags are fairly cheap and I like to stick with them.

Rage

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I've got both the G17 and G18, full metal lined Kahn mags, purchased a year or two ago and they have functioned flawlessly. I've heard of some issues with the non-metal lined/non-drop free.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 03-21-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Wow, for that price, they're worth the risk!

Rage

I have some Glock 18 33 round mags made by KCI (Korean)... they work flawlessly in my G17 and my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 rifle... I also have a Beta-C AR15 100 round drum made in Korea that works great too.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I have some of the 40...

cal 30 round mags for my Sub 2000. I had to do alot of sanding to get them to fit in the mag well. They were too fat. I never tried them in my pistol though.....chris3