Thread: help on stripping ak for complete cleaning

help on stripping ak for complete cleaning

I own several guns including 4 AR's I built. I take very good care of them, so I need some help stripping my new and only AK. Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by rollnflav01 View Post
    I own several guns including 4 AR's I built. I take very good care of them, so I need some help stripping my new and only AK. Any help would be greatly appreciated, pics would be a bonus.
    http://www.ak-47.net/compindex.php

Thumbs up

Just above the butt stock on the receiver is a button. Depress it and you can remove the "dust cover". Now your action is exposed.

Depress the button again to release the recoil spring. Once it's unhooked from the receiver, It will slide right out of the Bolt carrier.

Now pull the bolt carrier back, then up, and it, along with the piston and bolt, will slide free from the receiver.

Remove bolt from bolt carrier by twisting and pulling.

Remove one bootlace, tie it into knots at one inch intervals for @ 10" of lace.

Get some motor oil or axle grease, and gasoline from a nearby wrecked vehicle. Ladas are classic.

Piss in your Ak, rinse with gasoline (solvent). Use bootlace as bore snake. Use tattered rags cut from enemies clothes for swabs.

Use motor oil or axle grease as lubricant.

Assemble in reverse.

That's about as much maintenance as you will need to give your AK in a normal human lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Just above the butt stock on the receiver is a button. Depress it and you can remove the "dust cover". Now your action is exposed.

Depress the button again to release the recoil spring. Once it's unhooked from the receiver, It will slide right out of the Bolt carrier.

Now pull the bolt carrier back, then up, and it, along with the piston and bolt, will slide free from the receiver.

Remove bolt from bolt carrier by twisting and pulling.

Remove one bootlace, tie it into knots at one inch intervals for @ 10" of lace.

Get some motor oil or axle grease, and gasoline from a nearby wrecked vehicle. Ladas are classic.

Piss in your Ak, rinse with gasoline (solvent). Use bootlace as bore snake. Use tattered rags cut from enemies clothes for swabs.

Use motor oil or axle grease as lubricant.

Assemble in reverse.

That's about as much maintenance as you will need to give your AK in a normal human lifetime.
    Too funny!

romak10/63UF
    I had the same thread about 4 or 5 days ago.. are you just wanting to field stripe it ? or do a complete tear down an clean like i wanted to know a few days ago ? but i asked about other parts that are a big NO NO to talk about on hear.. LOL

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8qIu72DnM

To remove lower handguard lift lever on right side of barrel inside handguard. Will probably need to be pried the first few times. This is why he removed the cleaning rod, it will hold it in place. If you are not going to remove lower hanguard leave cleaning rod where it is.

Note: The ammonia in piss will neutralize harmful salts left by corrosive primers.
    Last edited by Bluntforce; 03-27-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post

Note: The ammonia in piss will neutralize harmful salts left by corrosive primers.
    That's right! It's not just some crazy russian thing. It's genuine field expedience.

thanks for the help.

I appreciate all the responses. I finished the cleaning and a 12 pack of Bud last night. The wife didn't appreciate me pissing on the rifle in the middle of the floor. I had to explain to her it was necessary for the ammonia. She must not have bought it. Fortunately the couch is comfy. I would assume the no-no parts romak10/63UF referred to need to be installed by the German gunsmith Otto. Nothing a class 3 can't take care of. Unfortunately it's not the 200 for the stamp, but the >10k for the weapon. I do have 2 class 3's for silencers on a Walther P22, and a mid-length A4. On the Walther all you hear is the slide. It is awesome. The AR-15 sounds like a 22. I love them both. Again gents, thank you for all the helpful tips.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

OK, decided to post Bluntforce's vid:

And a couple more showing how to remove and install the fcg:

And just for shits and grins, the classic "slow motion AKM" firing full auto:

Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 03-30-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~