Thread: Grump, It Is Still Cold

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Grump, It Is Still Cold

Grump, last weekend you posted that with spring here it would get warmer and the shooting would get better. I just got back from the range, 45F and raining, alot. I am just now starting to warm up!

Anyway, what I did. I wanted to sight in my Garand after the rear aperture got lose, but they were doing Cowboy Action Shooting on all but the 15 yard line. That meant I only shot my 1911 and my Glock 19. Put about 75 rounds through each plus a magazine each of Fiocchi HPs I had bought, just to make sure they would work. Everything went fine, no problems at all.

OK, there was one problem, but it was with me, not the guns. I am shooting about an inch to the right, consistently. I am left handed, but even when I fired weak hand unsupported I was to the right. I found that when I concentrated on squeezing the trigger though, I was pretty much dead center, actually just right of center. Maybe that is just because of my conservative leanings.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Yeah this global warming really sucks. I went out yesterday with every intention of shooting my Garand and my 25-20 at 100 yards. 26 degree's, high humidity and 18 mph winds put a screeching halt to that plan unless I put on my long johns and insulated overalls. I wonder what the weather would be like if we weren't drowning in all this heat. Best I could do was clean out my birdhouses to get ready for this years crop of birds. 16 degrees when I got up this morning so I went back to bed till 10.

To bad you couldn't wring out the M1 but honest better days are coming, just don't hold your breath till they do.

I don't think you will have problems with Fiocchi, they are a goodly percentage of my ammo supply and along with Federal about half or a little more of my shotgun shell supply.

To bad you were stuck at 15 yards, a little slow fire at 50 yards with your pistols would help a bunch on making you concentrate on the front sights but it will come.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.