Thread: Circuit Judge Range Report

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Circuit Judge Range Report

Last weekend, my grandson and I took the Curcuit Judge out for a spin.

First, the downside:

The rear, plastic sight sucks. It's weak and I was afraid to tighten it too much for fear of collapsing it. I carried the gun in a scabbard that required it to slide nose first into the scabbard. When I took the gun out, the rear sight had come off. Luckily, it was still in the scabbard. I slid it back on and tightened it up, but not too tight. I could see it start to flatten out when I kept screwing it in. I talked to the dealer I bought it from and he's going to look for a steel one to replace it.

The upside:

This gun is just plain fun to shoot. It's pretty accurate with varous loads and it loves slugs the best. It would make a fine small game gun and, in a pinch, a decent house gun using slugs or 000 Buck

Target results: All distances were 15 yds, and shooting offhand.

Here are two shots using #6 shot. A little low to center, but I didn't want to mess with that rear sight again, so I left it as it is for right now.

The smooth choke is the one reccommended for shooting multi-round projectiles. Here are two shots, aiming at the bull. A fairly tight group. (Each shot threw 4 balls of 000 Buck.)

The straight-grooved choke is reccommended for single projectile rounds (slugs and .45 LC bullets), but I wanted to see what would happen anyway. Not bad, but not quite as tight as the smooth choke. (Each shot threw 4 balls of 000 Buck.)

The Judge loved the slugs. It put them where I was aiming. 4 touching isn't bad, with one little flyer. But, I can't be sure about the flyer as I was shooting offhand, so it could have been me.

All in all, I love this gun. It's a blast to shoot and didn't miss a lick. Very lightweight, too.

I was afraid of the sights after you said they were plastic, I have that same issue with the 20ga slug barrel I have. I was hoping yours were metal since I was hoping I could upgrade to your sights.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I was afraid of the sights after you said they were plastic, I have that same issue with the 20ga slug barrel I have. I was hoping yours were metal since I was hoping I could upgrade to your sights.
    Yeah, I agree with you on those crappy plastic sights. I'm hoping I can find an adequate substitute for them. It's a shame, an otherwise good gun is hamstrung with cheap, crappy sights.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you on those crappy plastic sights. I'm hoping I can find an adequate substitute for them. It's a shame, an otherwise good gun is hamstrung with cheap, crappy sights.
    How are the rear sights attached?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.