Thread: Handgunning long range style.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Handgunning long range style.

What you see here is a pair of Magnum Research BFR (Biggest Finest Revolver), yeah right. Big F**king Revolver!

The top is a 10.5" 30/30 not pictured is the new EoTech sight like the one below has.

The bottom is a 7.5" 45/70.

Took the 45/70 to lease nearly every trip. We have been shooting rocks off hand at distances 40, 60, 93, and 120 yards.

NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Can't say I've ever tried to shoot a handgun past 200 yards. Had to walk my fire onto my target with my .45 at that range. Bang! .........thump.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I used to shoot my Ruger 7.5" BH in 45 Colt with hot handloads at 100 yards. Was pretty easy to keep em in 4" at that range (rested). It would do 1.5" at 50 yards if I did my part. Had a Leupy 1.5x scope on it and grips just like you have on your 45-70.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

We recently did some trading/purchasing of a few new handguns. First we traded a yugo sks for a stainless New Model Super Blackhawk .44 mag and mounted a Leupold FX II 2x20. Then found a Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 mag and a New model Blackhawk .45LC/.45 ACP convertible bought both for $800.00. My uncle bought a new Leupold FX II 2x20 scope and gave me the gun this past Saturday after I sighted it in at 50 yards. I have grips on order like the ones on the BFR 45/70, the 30/30 is now sporting the same grips and the Hunter is wearing the black BFR grips because the ones it came were a bit too froo froo. Ruger factory pearlite grips do not belong on a big revolver.

This one was super accurate, 5 of my six shots were one ragged hole. Produced a hell of a large fireball, made a dog howl, expectant mother went into labor early, and the earth shook...

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I knew they made the BFR in rifle calibers, but have never seen one...dayum that is one loooong cylinder. How much do they weigh?

We sold quite a few in 450 marlin, way more revolvers then ever sold rifles in that caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post

This one was super accurate, 5 of my six shots were one ragged hole. Produced a hell of a large fireball, made a dog howl, expectant mother went into labor early, and the earth shook...
    Are you sure it's not in 10mm?

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    The 10mm would have caused another tsunami

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Glad you noticed.