Thread: Sell or not to sell PSL?

Sell or not to sell PSL?

While technically a new member here, I was registered at the old gunsnet back a few years ago with the same name. That's besides the point, but I bought a PSL from ClassicArms a couple years ago and I've only had a chance to fire it a couple times. But when I did fire it, it routinely had failures to eject and feed. I believe it could be do to the magazines being of poor construction. Anyhow I live in the city and get very little opportunity to shoot these days especially without a Missouri Conservationist breathing down my neck (Sorry I didn't bring my Weatherby-oolala.).

So is it worth keeping? They may disappear or be hard to find someday..maybe? I could get back to shooting more often and wish I had it? It came with 4 mags, a pouch, cleaning kit, and scope for 750 or so.

I just was unsure and thought I'd ask. I wouldn't sell it soon but was considering on putting it on the list 'to go'. I have bills.

Thanks guys. I'm sure many of you have been a somewhat similar position.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

My thoughts are sell away. They aren't uncommon (though its always possible they will be some day). However, it depends on your mindset. I've purposefully gotten away from the "collector" mentality. I don't want any firearms that are hard to get parts for or replace. I want tools, not something too precious to use.

Another question too is how much should I plan to lose money wise? ha. Although not selling it won't net me liquid asset either. hmm.
    Thanks for your input Dafapa

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

That's kind of a tough one. If you try to sell it to a shop, you'll take a very large loss. You can try to shop around for a buyer at gun shows, online, etc, but then you can spend a lot of time trying to sell it. Another option is putting it up for consignment at a gunshop. They'll take a cut (I think the one I go to charges like 10%), but its not nearly as bad as trying to sell it to the gunshop. If you have a gunshop nearby with good traffic, and good consignment arrangements, that would be my preference if I didn't think the gun would move overly quickly.

Centerfire has them listed at 700.00 without the scope, and 1 mag right now, and I think I've seen them as low as 650.00 without the scope. I'd say pricing depends on how quickly you want to sell it.

Prices are really down on these right now, but if it doens't fit your style of shooting I'd move it on, I doubt they will be rare anytime soon...

hmmmmmmm,where at in mo are you?

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

They never had much appeal to me. Accuracy wise they should be much better.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

The real question is if you do end up selling the rifle, are you going to inform the next owner of the numerous malfunctions you had? And are you going to factor that into the sale price?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeller View Post
    it routinely had failures to eject and feed. I believe it could be do to the magazines being of poor construction.
    The feeding might be the recoil spring is worn out.
    You can get a new one from Apex.
    I have read someone post that they used a regular AK recoil spring and that it work as well.
    seems about 50%run great out of the box and the oth 50 need a little buff and polish.
    I had issues with feeding and have worked it out and am very happy with mine.