Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another bump fire stock for AR's

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Uh oh, you're going to bring Bill Akins out again!
    http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...ed-bump-firing
    Holy crap, what a douche. I WILL NEVER buy shit from anything that assclown has a hand in... EVER.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Holy sh*t!

I must have been in a coma for a big piece of 2010...because I have zero recollection of ever seeing that thread.

There is more butt-hurt, sand-in-vagina, teary-eyed, teeth-gnashing, wall-o-texting melodrama in that thread, than I've ever seen in all the years I've been a member here.

I literally...cannot believe some of the stuff I just got done plowing through on that monster. Truly unbelievable.
    It was like reading an epic novel with thousands of pages.
    I stopped reading it after the first couple posts.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

This thing looks great...

BWIW, I used to own an Akins Accelerator... the finish on the laminated stock and quality of machined parts was spectacular. It worked great right out of the box, but you had to use CCI brand ammo (they had a little extra kick to help cycle the spring). But when the ATF scuttle butt was coming down the pipe, I read the writing on the wall and had to sell.

I sold it at a local gunshow (goofball sign on my back) within a few minutes of arrival and also told the seller that it was soon to be banned... he didn't care. I did however to my surprise receive a letter from the ATF later asking its status (they got the sales list from Akins), I had to tell them that I sold it at a gunshow for cash and that it was no longer in my possession. The ATF had requested that I send them the original springs that came with the conversion kit.

I guess the ATF took my word for it as no one has ever knocked or not-knocked and shown up at my door wanting to inspect my gun safe... but truth is, I sold it for cash. Nothing is worth a $250,000 fine nor 10 years in prison.

-------------------------

Sold my M16 a couple years ago... I'd love to have one of the slide fire gizmos... but $369 is kind of on the expensive side. Heck, the 20 round 12ga Saiga drums are down to $99 or maybe even $69 now... I'd be willing to pay $199 for this AR kit, but $369 is just too much and greed on the company's part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12