Thread: DPMS 308b

Cool DPMS 308b

I got this yesterday

(ak mag for size comparison )

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Oh wow, no brass deflecter? I thought the DPMS rifles had them. I'm going to be interested in a range report with on paper grouping results. What's the glass brand and power?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

308 anything is sweet!

What kind of trigger?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Got one of those on my radar. Looking forward to reading how well it shoots!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Oh wow, no brass deflecter? I thought the DPMS rifles had them. I'm going to be interested in a range report with on paper grouping results. What's the glass brand and power?
    That's one of their Sportical uppers: no forward assist, brass deflector, or dust cover. The economy model if you will. I'm keeping an eye out for the new for 2011 Bushmaster(DPMS) MOE mid-length .308. It's what I'm wanting to get to replace my ptr91.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    I got this yesterday

(ak mag for size comparison )

[IMG]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/photo-4.jpg[IMG]
    I'm gonna have to finger that one!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

I will get a few on paper asap ! but for now here is a decent review I read .

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    4x16x40 BSA I had it on the 22mag .I paid 89$ like 6 years ago at cableas its built very nice if it lasts the break in on the 308 it can stay .

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    308 anything is sweet!

What kind of trigger?
    Stock, but its smooth as snot by far one of the nicest stock triggers I have felt a little on the heavy side but almost no creep .

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    I'm gonna have to finger that one!
    As long as you wash your hands.....Oh but i am not set for reloading .308 yet so no MDM action.

your going want one lol !
    Last edited by abpt1; 03-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    As long as you wash your hands.....Oh but i am not set for reloading .308 yet so no MDM action.

your going want one lol !
    I have a few casings, but you will have to search through that pile yourself!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    That's one of their Sportical uppers: no forward assist, brass deflector, or dust cover. The economy model if you will. I'm keeping an eye out for the new for 2011 Bushmaster(DPMS) MOE mid-length .308. It's what I'm wanting to get to replace my ptr91.
    Is losing any of those items really that big of a deal? It looks a lot cleaner without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    I have a few casings, but you will have to search through that pile yourself!
    Nice I can do that thanks MDM !

Quote Originally Posted by Dafapa View Post
    Is losing any of those items really that big of a deal? It looks a lot cleaner without them.
    Yeah my cousin has ad one since 2006 and has had no issues with not having these and that rifle has seen a easy 5k + rounds he was poping primers out of 1x LC brass but he tops them off :\ a lower rug took care of that oh btw

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/product...=1702&cat=1705

Congrats on your new rifle, DPMS makes a kickass little 308 carbine for sure. My last range session with my AP4 308 at 100y I was getting 5 rounds within an inch using hornady 168gr BTHP. At 200y it opened up to 3.5 inches, it was windy as well. They really favor bullets over 165grs just a heads up. Also take a look at the enidine hydrolic buffer, works well and makes recoil more bearable. And lastly Magpuls 308 P mags are the shit compared to the DPMS factory mags. Both mags supplied with my rifle did have feeding problems, with the P mags none so far.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Congrats on your new rifle, DPMS makes a kickass little 308 carbine for sure. My last range session with my AP4 308 at 100y I was getting 5 rounds within an inch using hornady 168gr BTHP. At 200y it opened up to 3.5 inches, it was windy as well. They really favor bullets over 165grs just a heads up. Also take a look at the enidine hydrolic buffer, works well and makes recoil more bearable. And lastly Magpuls 308 P mags are the shit compared to the DPMS factory mags. Both mags supplied with my rifle did have feeding problems, with the P mags none so far.
    thanks for the info I have a Enidine in one of my Ar's it really does smooth it out. Cant wait to get it out for a range session .

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

When i'm in the groove this one will shoot 1" groups at 200 yds

Congrats on your rifle , you're gonna like it.

Does yours have a threaded barrel? Im thinking building up the TAC 20" 308 after I get my current AR project done. Also does anyone have experience with Berger bullets? I see they make a 180gr, 190gr MBTHP these 1-10 twists on the DPMS rifles might like those. At least the longer barreled rifles should.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have had this out a few times but IDK if its the scope or the mounts but I get it on then a round or two later its off .....but at lest its broken in ....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well if the scope doesn't wiggle when you try to move it, it is not the mounts. One of those lenses inside has probably broken free from the glue they use to hold them. Probably time for a new scope.