Thread: UK - Farmers warned over falling foul of gun laws

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post UK - Farmers warned over falling foul of gun laws

Farmers warned over falling foul of gun laws

Andrew Richardson
    Friday 01 April 2011 09:20

Farmers must beware of inadvertently falling foul of laws relating to guns, warns one country man who was sent to prison for a firearms "mistake".

Businessman Andrew Richardson, the son of Farmers Weekly columnist David, spent eight months in prison in 2009 as a result of an "over-zealous judiciary following cast-in-stone parliamentary instructions” before Law Lords declared he shouldn’t have been given the sentence he was.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2011/0...f-gun-laws.htm

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Idiot starts the story off by appologizing to the gun haters saying how he's always been a supporter of gun control. Idiot. He got what he deserved afaiac.

There is no "acceptable" amount of gun control when you think about it. Because it only affects those willing to abide by the law. The bad guys, when caught with a gun are almost always caught for other reasons and so in trouble all ready. The good guys, who just want to protect themselves get caught for the gun violation and are treated very harshly. We had this proven to use recently in NJ again. Thankfully, the sentence was commuted by Gov. Christie but the guy still has the record.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

living in the USA and Middle East for many years, I've witnessed first-hand the problems inherent to "the right to bear arms".
    Play with fire, you get burned. In this case the fire is the idea of clinging to government regulations for the promise of safety. I bet he was real safe in prison.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"