Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build a WW1 Fighter replica for less then the price of a sedan!

You have no idea how you just helped me come so much closer to realizing a childhood dream.

In fact, this one is done up in the paint scheme I've always been in love with:

http://youtu.be/0DEFzdJhbQE
    Last edited by Lysander; 04-16-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    You have no idea how you just helped me come so much closer to realizing a childhood dream.

Lysander,
    I have a pilot report that I left last July on my Fokker Triplane you might be interested in. Here is the link.
    Hope you realize your dream.
    TriplaneDriver

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/re...group-461.html

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I heard that the pilots of the DR-1 had continual...um... loose stools... due to absorbing castor oil spewed by the engine. The thought of loose stools, long hours in the cockpit and high G turns is rather scary.....

War is hell, eh?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Mildly related topic...

Red Baron Pizza had a squadron flying those Boeing-Stearman biplanes as a promotional thing.

Also, there was a Red Baron Pizza TV ad from some years ago where these two women were in the grocery store and "The Red Baron" was there in his leather flying gear, silk scarf, etc looking dashing.

One woman said to the other something like "Ooooh, does he have a brother?" to which the history nerd in my wanted to reply "Why yes, he does actually. His name is Lothar, though he's known as 'The Butcher'...would you like to meet him?"

Damn...old thread revived and it becomes clear how far the defection from GN has gone...as pussifaction has increased.

Thread was created over two years ago...

Members MIA lately (and for some while) include linx210, mriddick MarkDucati, Prometheus168, American Rage, Lysander...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Damn...old thread revived and it becomes clear how far the defection from GN has gone...as pussifaction has increased.

Members MIA lately (and for some while) include linx210, mriddick MarkDucati, Prometheus168, American Rage, Lysander...
    Yep....

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post

But look at the bright side, LAQC and Kadmos are still here and still trolling along.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post

That has to have the shortest take off roll I have ever seen. I dare say that it looked like it took off in less distance than a catapult shot on a carrier.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by TriplaneDriver View Post
    Lysander,
    I have a pilot report that I left last July on my Fokker Triplane you might be interested in. Here is the link.
    TriplaneDriver

Wow, man. You litteraly live my childhood dream. Great review, too. It's one thing to read about the Red Baron's exploits, but another thing entirely to read about the technical chalenges of flying his tri-plane. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by TriplaneDriver View Post
    Lysander,
    TriplaneDriver

That was a good read thanks. It gives some sense of what it is like to fly one of those.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

The D7 was always one of my favorites!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12