Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, How Many Little Kids Do We Have Here?

So, How Many Little Kids Do We Have Here?

How many of you take out a firearm on a regular basis, just to fondle, take apart, re-assemble and play with it?

I do, as often as I can

Yesterday was PKM day, today is my NDM-86's turn!

That would be me.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    How many of you take out a firearm on a regular basis, just to fondle, take apart, re-assemble and play with it?

I do, as often as I can

Yesterday was PKM day, today is my NDM-86's turn!
    I admit it. I do it all the time. Over the winter especially... I take a rifle or pistol apart (which hasn't been fired since the last time I cleaned it) and I clean it again. Wipe off the old oil and apply new. Pop in an empty mag and wish it was summer. Take the mag out. Hmmm... maybe the mag needs cleaning too... take them all apart and clean...

It's an illness. Incurable.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Well kind of, sorta, I shoot them because it's fun and it's an excuse to have to clean them. Going to do it again today.

I'm only old on the outside.......................and maybe a few parts on the inside.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Guilty!!

I am often amazed that when I take a firearm out of a safe after it has sat for about a year or so, and run a cleaning patch through it, I get more gunk out. And I always clean my firearms before putting them away!

The nice thing about taking a firearm out of the safe and taking it apart, re-oiling it and just fondling it is that the others don't get jealous and rebel, or call me names, or sulk around all day, or ...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

One of the first things I do with a new firearm is take it apart a few times just to familiarize myself with the internals.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

You got me...it's a "toy" thing!
    видеодон

Guilty, as, charged...

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Guilty!!

I am often amazed that when I take a firearm out of a safe after it has sat for about a year or so, and run a cleaning patch through it, I get more gunk out. And I always clean my firearms before putting them away!

The nice thing about taking a firearm out of the safe and taking it apart, re-oiling it and just fondling it is that the others don't get jealous and rebel, or call me names, or sulk around all day, or ...
    Hahah, well said NUT!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Since I don't shoot as much as I used to, I take them out, clean them off, oil them, and fondle them. It's kind of like sex, if you don't get it regularly, you...uh...uh...nevermind.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I take mine apart all the time, especially my handguns.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guilty... at least once a day with a rifle or pistol. Seemingly especially with my USP

I don't play with firearms, I have practiced dressing them up, I mean putting them in different stocks though

Pretty much daily... Then, when Baby gets dirty I have to clean and change her.

romak10/63UF
    Im also guilty of over cleaning my firearms. But in all case's I like to clean my german K98 nazi mauser the most... why ? because its a real ww2 historic rifle... still shoots 8mm ammo at 1 inch @ 100yards. But i stare at it an wonder what kind of brave german solider took this weapon to war an how did he die ? were did he die ? Im very proud of my k98 mauser the most even more than a glock or a ak47.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

With my "goto" guns that are placed around the house, I do periodic walk-thrus to make sure my muscle memory is still in tact. Touching your guns regularly will make them become one with your hands. You'll pick them up, and they'll do exactly what you want them to do, simply because you've made them an extension of your own body...

...This post is my Yoda moment of the day!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Funny how we change over the years. A few years back disassembly and reassembly kvinnfolks was #1 hobby. Now firearms.... Firearms dont get mad when you disagree with them and kick them in the cabinet. They dont cry when you find another one. And they are all funny to use...... Beer goes the same way. So I say, firearms, beer and then females.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I do it all the time, been playing with my enfield carbine almost the whole time I've been sitting here (though I did fiddle with the makarov and mossy 935 for a bit). I hardly get to shoot the things, so sitting here and pretending is a subsitute.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011

Guilty... It's a constant rotation so all of them get a little attention.

Between the weather and work and a whole bunch of other BS I havent been able to get out to the range as of late... So yeah I fondle, disassemble, reassemble and function check my guns constantly... Also the solid "CLAK-CHUNK!" of my 1951 M37 is like sweet sweet music to me lol!
    A.K.A. Ubernoodle

Pain in the ass and disturbing the peace around here since the summer of '04!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast