Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metric Vs Inch FAL Questions

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    FALs and the variants aren't the easies to put mags in because of the way they swing in. Add to that I agree that it might be a mag catch issue which is preventing the mags from locking in.

Well, I think I got it fingered out. Out of spec mags. A few whacks with a leather mallet on the feedlips and viola'. Now all 4 mags fit, though still a little snug. Sometimes it just takes a bigger fuckin' hammer, I guess.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Now you need to take it out and make sure the mags still feed. Good luck.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Well, I think I got it fingered out. Out of spec mags. A few whacks with a leather mallet on the feedlips and viola'. Now all 4 mags fit, though still a little snug. Sometimes it just takes a bigger fuckin' hammer, I guess.
    You're welcome for the idea.

Thanks for all the tips, guys. I bought this rifle as a training aid to help me in working on different rifles at the MG shoot I work at in the summer. Lesson #1: Mags won't fit? Get a big ass hammer and beat 'em into submission.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12