View Poll Results: Can you eat an insect or crustacean?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I eat insects with no problem

11 28.21%
  • I will try anything once, twice if it don't hurt

9 23.08%
  • I will only if I absolutely have to

15 38.46%
  • Only if I can throw up after I'm done eating

0 0%
  • I will starve to death first

4 10.26%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you, could you eat bugs and insects?

Post ground hog

you did'nt say anything about ground hog, they are good eating if you know how to cook them.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by james01 View Post
    you did'nt say anything about ground hog, they are good eating if you know how to cook them.
    Do they fall under the insect category or the bug category? Please don't tell me they taste like chicken.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

No, they don't taste like chicken. If you have ever tasted "grass-fed" or "free range" beef, you know how they are more strongly flavored than regular beef? Groundhog is more strongly flavored than squirrel or rabbit in much the same way.
    It's not bad, just different. I found the best way is to stew it as the "grassy" flavor is diminished by the vegetables and gravy.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234