Thread: Who tried to order a Saiga-12 but could not find one?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Exclamation Who tried to order a Saiga-12 but could not find one?

http://www.classicarms.us/

They seem to have them available..
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

No no no.
    These were banned by the BATFE and black helicopters came into peoples homes to confiscate them.
    Fukashima had a shipment of them so... Bam! Earthquake and Tsunami.

I might have one left that I could let go cheap, say $2400 and I'll throw in the stealth Cosmoline that renders it invisible to Government sensors no charge.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Don't think the BATF has given up on restricting our rights:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6576

Deadline Nears On BATFE Shotgun Ban Comments

Friday, April 08, 2011

As we reported on Jan. 28, May 1 is the deadline for public comments concerning a shotgun importation ban that has been proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. A working group within the BATFE has recommended that any shotgun (semi-automatic, pump-action or any other) that has any one of 10 specific features should be banned from importation, on the grounds that such shotguns are not “generally recognized as particularly suitable for a readily adaptable to sporting purposes.”

The features in question are a folding, telescoping, or collapsible stock; a magazine of over five rounds or a drum magazine; a flash suppressor or a muzzle brake that also suppresses flash; an integrated rail system other than on top of the receiver or barrel; a light enhancing device; a forward pistol grip or similar protruding part; an “excessive” weight of over 10 pounds; an “excessive bulk” of over three inches width and/or over four inches depth; a bayonet lug; or “a grenade-launcher mount.”

The working group considers “sporting purposes” to be limited to hunting, skeet, trap and sporting clays, but not to include practical shotgun matches or recreational target shooting. To have considered practical matches, the working group said, could have led to conclusions that would undercut the BATFE’s 1989 and 1998 bans on the importation of semi-automatic rifles, and its 1993 ban on the importation of various semi-automatic pistols. The working group also indicated a reluctance to accept practical matches because they test defensive firearm skills, which the working group believes are of military and police orientation.

Since the law conditions a firearm’s ability to be imported on whether it is “generally recognized” as meeting the law’s sporting purpose test, it is important that the BATFE hear from members of the general public. Particularly relevant will be the comments of people who use shotguns equipped with one or more of the features for hunting or any form of competitive or recreational target shooting, and people who adapt such shotguns to a sporting purpose by simple modifications, such as attaching or removing a flashlight, attaching or removing a forward grip, or installing or removing a magazine extension or magazine plug.

Comments to the BATFE may be submitted by e-mail to shotgunstudy@atf.gov, or by fax to (202) 648-9601, and must be received by May 1, 2011. Faxed comments may not exceed 5 pages. All comments must include name and mailing address.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I had one for $480, but somebody here recommended arms of America and they screwed me out of mine. A week after being charged they said oops, we don't really have any. Then they promised to get more and sell me one for the original price but never did.

So, I bought a CZ 75b, Cold War Edition instead.

Somebody please dismantle the ATF.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I had one for $480, but somebody here recommended arms of America and they screwed me out of mine. A week after being charged they said oops, we don't really have any. Then they promised to get more and sell me one for the original price but never did.

So, I bought a CZ 75b, Cold War Edition instead.

Somebody please dismantle the ATF.

My fault for suggesting Arms of America.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    My fault for suggesting Arms of America.
    Don't worry about it. Live and learn, right?

Besides, I like my CZ-75b better anyways.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Don't worry about it. Live and learn, right?

Besides, I like my CZ-75b better anyways.
    Yup, so how does it shoot?

Yup, so how does it shoot?
    Great. I've only put about 150-200 rounds through it, but it didn't have any malfunctions, it grouped well compared my XD9 and browning hi-power. Recoil is very little. Honestly its my new favorite handgun. Its built like a tank, points like a hi-power, has a nice factory trigger, and can be carried cocked and locked.

I'm going to order a Falco brand leather holster soon because makarov.com gave them such high praise years ago, and they come from the Czech Republic. I'm also going to order some wooden grips from marschall grips. Also I'm going to replace the mainspring plug with the lanyard loop type to finish off the old school military look.

Only difference between the cold war edition and a regular 75b is it has the older controls from pre-b 75's, including slide stop, safety, and a spur hammer. It has cheesy red stars on the slide and a hammer and sickle on the right side of the frame. Oh, and the print is all in Cyrillic. The main reason I got the Cold war Edition was because it was $40 cheaper than the regular version, and the spur hammer matches my hi-power and CZ-82.

[IMG][/IMG]

Great. I've only put about 150-200 rounds through it, but it didn't have any malfunctions, it grouped well compared my XD9 and browning hi-power. Recoil is very little. Honestly its my new favorite handgun. Its built like a tank, points like a hi-power, has a nice factory trigger, and can be carried cocked and locked.

I'm going to order a Falco brand leather holster soon because makarov.com gave them such high praise years ago, and they come from the Czech Republic. I'm also going to order some wooden grips from marschall grips. Also I'm going to replace the mainspring plug with the lanyard loop type to finish off the old school military look.

Only difference between the cold war edition and a regular 75b is it has the older controls from pre-b 75's, including slide stop, safety, and a spur hammer. It has cheesy red stars on the slide and a hammer and sickle on the right side of the frame. Oh, and the print is all in Cyrillic. The main reason I got the Cold war Edition was because it was $40 cheaper than the regular version, and the spur hammer matches my hi-power and CZ-82.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks good, my new to me favorite handgun is my Smith Model 25-5.

Looks good, my new to me favorite handgun is my Smith Model 25-5.
    Hell yeah. I grew up on the .357 version, a model 19, a 19-4 I believe. I'm sure your in love.

Hell yeah. I grew up on the .357 version, a model 19, a 19-4 I believe. I'm sure your in love.
    I had to get this Smith, my girlfriend fell in love with my Model 686-5 4" and claimed it as hers.

Damn. Thats a hell of a gun for a girlfriend.

Why did you get a smith in .45? Just found a good deal on it?

Damn. Thats a hell of a gun for a girlfriend.

Why did you get a smith in .45? Just found a good deal on it?
    My uncle has one in the 6" version and is such a tight shooting handgun. I really enjoyed shooting it I decided that I wanted one for myself. They made them in .45 ACP on short run but his and mine are .45 Colt.My uncle spotted one on TGT, 4" for $500 gently used and bought it for me.

The 686-5 I picked up several years ago for $250, bought it thinking my wife now ex would like it. She said it was too heavy and wanted a Taurus Tracker instead. My girlfriend shot it and fell instantly in love with it.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 04-13-2011 at 08:47 PM.

My uncle has one in the 6" version and is such a tight shooting handgun. I really enjoyed it that I wanted one for myself. My uncle spotted it on TGT in 4" for $500 gently used and that is .45 Colt and bought it for me. The 686-5 I picked up several years ago for $250, bought it thinking my wife now ex would like it. She said it was too heavy and wanted a Taurus Tracker instead.
    Man, I always thought the 686 series were a lot more expensive. Every time I see them they are around $600 or more new.

Man, I always thought the 686 series were a lot more expensive. Every time I see them they are around $600 or more new.
    I was at the right place at the right time. I was at a friend of mine's pawn shop when the guy walked in to sell it. He offered the guy $200 but ended up giving him $250, did the paper work guy left and he looked at me and asked if I wanted a 686-5 for $250. I had to wait the BS time for the gun to checked for stolen per pawn shop laws. My buddy has done that many times knowing I would buy more from him later. Kind of like a crack dealer, a few freebies but the rest you have to pay for but with guns. lol

I was at the right place at the right time. I was at a friend of mine's pawn shop when the guy walked in to sell it. He offered the guy $200 but ended up giving him $250, did the paper work guy left and he looked at me and asked if I wanted a 686-5 for $250. I had to wait the BS time for the gun to checked for stolen per pawn shop laws. My buddy has done that many times knowing I would buy more from him later. Kind of like a crack dealer, a few freebies but the rest you have to pay for but with guns. lol

Ew, the old lowball. I guess if he doesn't have time to check the value or find a serious buyer then he had it coming. Can't complain about a $250 Smith, though.

The few times I've sold guns I've had to shrug off some attempted lowballs by people who thought I might have been desperate for cash. It always feels dirty though. "I'll give you $300 right now"

Ew, the old lowball. I guess if he doesn't have time to check the value or find a serious buyer then he had it coming. Can't complain about a $250 Smith, though.

The few times I've sold guns I've had to shrug off some attempted lowballs by people who thought I might have been desperate for cash. It always feels dirty though. "I'll give you $300 right now"
    Yeah it is chickenshit but they guy was desperate for cash. He first asked for $300 lol.

http://www.classicarms.us/

They seem to have them available..
    Never been real interested in them till it looked like the .gov was going to tell me I can't have one. Is $750 what they normally go for?
    Last edited by L1A1Rocker; 04-14-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Never been real interested in them. Is $750 what they normally go for?
    No, unconverted should not be more than $450, converted should be around $750-$1800 depending on where you buy it.