Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hamas fires rockets defending themselves from mean ciivilians and vicious reporters

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Good values are ageless. Look at the Ten Commandments. Is "Thou shall not kill" outdated?

The only thing wrong with our Constitution is that our employees choose to ignore it.
    And yet we have abortion, you have capital punishment, your kill animals for their meat......

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    More than you can imagine!

Those homicide figures you throw around aren't just "victims" a whole lot of them are crooks that have been shot during the course of a crime.
    Your homicide rate is still at least 4 times higher than our own. This, of course, isn't the result of widespread gun possession - but such possession has helped. Now, unless your criminals are slaughtering each other at an incredible rate (and don't forget that our criminals shoot each other as well), you can't dismiss the impact that firearms have re: the murder of innocent civilians.

I've been to western Canada on several occasions and it's one of the most lily-white places I've ever seen. Calgary is a city of over 1,000,000 and there weren't very many non-whites that I seen, at least not compared to similiar sized cities in the US where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a darkie of some sort.

Now I admit I've never been to the big cities back east but as is the case in the US and I'm sure your country as well it usually is the big cities that are the most diverse and have the most crime and violence.
    Yup, Calgary is probably (with the exception of Halifax and Saint Johns) the whitest city I've been to in Canada. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal are all very 'multicultural'.

And I'm sure they would have fought and died to the last man if the emperor had told them to, A-bombs or not.
    Yup. Would that have stopped either a US invasion or your eventual victory?

Our forefathers were actually quite far sighted when they wrote it. I suggest you read it and then you tell me if it applies well to modern life.

Tell me what specific parts you feel are outdated and obsolete in a modern society.
    I have, it could well apply easily but it depends on how it is interpreted, i.e. cruel and unusual punishment - 15 years on death row before been executed using a cocktail of drugs that it is illegal to use on animals? (I am pro-capital punishment before you ask.)

Well that kinda depends on who's definition of "free" we're using.

Yup, we believe that freedom involves rights and responsibilities. Plenty of your countrymen seem to think we're pretty free; there's enough of them who choose to live here.

Well that's what angers so many of us, he is trying to take as down the same path of failure that so many Euro countries have already tried. Rather than learning from the example of yours and other countries that it just doesn't work, he is bound and determined to shove it down our throats.

Perhaps in the next election the "majority" will wise up.

We'll see.
    Norway, Denmark and Holland all consistently rank as being the happiest nations to live in, and whilst they all currently have right-of-centre Governments, they are high-tax, big Government nations; all have high-standards of living and excellent public services. That style of Government works for them, probably not for you, equally your style of Government probably wouldn't go down at all well with the voters of those previously mentioned nations.

Good luck with kicking Obama out though, the guy doesn't seem to have anything positive to offer.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roaring Mouse View Post
    Your homicide rate is still at least 4 times higher than our own. This, of course, isn't the result of widespread gun possession - but such possession has helped. Now, unless your criminals are slaughtering each other at an incredible rate (and don't forget that our criminals shoot each other as well), you can't dismiss the impact that firearms have re: the murder of innocent civilians.

Actually they are. The drug wars are extremely violent and gangs and drug cartels do indeed slaughter one another at an incredible rate in their turf wars. The drug trade is multi-billion dollar industry totally unrestricted by any laws and is the source of incredible violence and lawlessness in the US and yes you're right innocents are killed in the crossfire.

But it's no the fault of the guns it's the fault of the govt's failed drug policies. We had similiar problems in the '20s and '30s during the prohibition on alcohol. Once alcohol was legalized and there was no longer a lucrative black market for it the violence stopped.

Yup. Would that have stopped either a US invasion or your eventual victory?
    Hard to say, but one thing is for cetain it would have certainly been a lot more costly, estimates were over 1,000,000 US casualties. Yeah we may have won eventually or it may have turned into another Vietnam that stretched on for years until the US people finally tired of sending their boys off to die in a meatgrinder and demanded we pull out.

I have, it could well apply easily but it depends on how it is interpreted, i.e. cruel and unusual punishment - 15 years on death row before been executed using a cocktail of drugs that it is illegal to use on animals? (I am pro-capital punishment before you ask.)
    But how is this a fault of the Constitution or make it obsolete or outdated in modern society?

Yup, we believe that freedom involves rights and responsibilities. Plenty of your countrymen seem to think we're pretty free; there's enough of them who choose to live here.
    And plenty of them think you are nothing more than serfs who bow and scrape to the upper classes in your country, and there certainly is no shortage of Brits that have moved to the US to enjoy our freedoms.

Norway, Denmark and Holland all consistently rank as being the happiest nations to live in, and whilst they all currently have right-of-centre Governments, they are high-tax, big Government nations; all have high-standards of living and excellent public services. That style of Government works for them, probably not for you, equally your style of Government probably wouldn't go down at all well with the voters of those previously mentioned nations.

Well the US certainly isn't a low taxes, small govt, 3rd world country where we all live in mud huts.

However we prefer our independece and keeping our paychecks to spend as we see fit rather than letting a bunch of politicians take our money and tell us what we're gonna do and how we're gonna do it.

You Euros are used to serving your lords and masters but our ancestors left to get away from that, and now we have politicians like Obama and the puppetmasters who control them that are trying to force us to live like that, and thanks to the stupidity and foolishness of the "majority" they are succeeding.

Good luck with kicking Obama out though, the guy doesn't seem to have anything positive to offer.
    Thanks we'll need it.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-30-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaring Mouse View Post
    And yet we have abortion, you have capital punishment, your kill animals for their meat......
    What would you suggest be done about abortions? Outlaw them? If you did, women would simply get back-alley abortions and die. Better a doctor does it in a hospital. Like anything else, people will do what they want to do or what they need to do, regardless of "law".

Capital punishment? Some criminals don't deserve to live... and I'll be dipped if I have to spend MY tax dollars feeding the fk all his life in jail.

Kill animals for meat? That's NATURE as God invented it. One animal dies to feed another. Plants die to feed animals too. It's the circle of life. Don't agree with it? Tell God.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    This is 3 miles to the left and uphill from the original post. Time for you two to start your own thread.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011