Thread: Wanted Colt Peacekeeper .357 this week, but price was too high.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Wanted Colt Peacekeeper .357 this week, but price was too high.

I stopped in a gun shop earlier this week and saw a Colt Peacekeeper .357 Magnum (basically a Trooper MK IV with a rough matte finish). I used to have one and absolutely loved it; it was ugly but was a great shooter. Sold it to my Dad about ten years ago; he loves it too. Thought I had an opportunity to pick up another one until I saw the price tag. It was on consignment for $750. Should be a $500 gun. If it was priced more reasonably, I would have bought it.

BTW, paid $250 for the one I used to have when I bought it 15 years ago.

Edit: Maybe I need a price check on this revolver. Gunbroker ads are all over the place on price. I'd really like to have this one, but don't want to pay a ridiculous price.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 04-16-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

The Peacekeeper was only made for a couple of years during the big Colt strike, so it's a lower production gun.
    BUT.... $750 is out of line. $600 is more like it.