Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Postal Match Pole

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Postal Match Pole

Let's see what interest there is in really having a C&R Match. The topics are what kind of rifle / rifles, and if there is any interest in a C&R Pistol match.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

OK, here's my suggestion for a course of fire. For rifles not everybody can get 100 yards so I'd say 50 yards as standard. Yeah I know it's close but then nobody would be excluded. For Pistols 25 yards.

Shooting position, any military style postion. Example; off hand, prone, sitting or kneeling. No benches. Of course this is on an honor basis as nobody is going to see you shoot it from the forums.

Course of fire; 1, target each month for May, June, July and August. 10 shots on paper scored for points. Your best 3 targets from the 4 of the season (if you pick this option) would be selected for each competitor to compose your score in the competition.

If we go on a month by month basis then 1 target, 10 shots on paper with highest score = winner for that month.

Postage to send in targets is on the participant. Getting the targets in on time is on you too. 2 weeks after the end of the competition month any targets arriving beyond that point are disqualified. Try and get them sent in early. The earlier the better as we can then post a winner in a timely manner.

I will volunteer to be the match coordinator, score keeper and winning image poster. In the event that I should end up the high score guy I would like to have a second score keeper to validate the scoring.

Rules of scoring. We will use typical military High Power match rules, break the line with the bullet hole and get the next highest scoring point. If black remains between white score ring and the hole, no score up.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I can't do this every month, but I would do it when I can. How would you get us your address?

ps Why are you thinking of this at 0400 in the morning?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm In.

I'll be shooting 50 yds with a Mosin
    25 Yds with a CZ-82. Yikes!!!
    I can do it any month, but chose the 3 month option.

Surplus or commercial ammo? I have surplus for the Mosins, but only commercial for the CZ.

Entry fees?????
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I have the trophy I won in 2004, and will donate it to the overall winner of the pistol match.

The plate says, "The Guns Network Curio and Relic Forums Pistol Marksman".

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I chose bolt gun I have plenty to choose from and will use a Makarov for handguns.

50-100 for rifle 25 will be tough with the Mak.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I'll be shooting 50 yds with a Mosin
    25 Yds with a CZ-82. Yikes!!!
    I can do it any month, but chose the 3 month option.

Surplus or commercial ammo? I have surplus for the Mosins, but only commercial for the CZ.

Entry fees?????
    I don't think 25 yards should be too bad for the CZ. In my experience, its a pretty accurate little pistol. Shoots more like a full size.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I don't think 25 yards should be too bad for the CZ. In my experience, its a pretty accurate little pistol. Shoots more like a full size.
    I never shot mine at that distance for accuracy. More or less dumped a couple mags of Silver Bear HPs to make sure they would feed ok.

I'll be shooting Barnaul 95 gr FMJ.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL