View Poll Results: What types of C&R Weapons to have a Match With

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postal Match Pole

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Postal Match Pole

Let's see what interest there is in really having a C&R Match. The topics are what kind of rifle / rifles, and if there is any interest in a C&R Pistol match.

OK, here's my suggestion for a course of fire. For rifles not everybody can get 100 yards so I'd say 50 yards as standard. Yeah I know it's close but then nobody would be excluded. For Pistols 25 yards.

Shooting position, any military style postion. Example; off hand, prone, sitting or kneeling. No benches. Of course this is on an honor basis as nobody is going to see you shoot it from the forums.

Course of fire; 1, target each month for May, June, July and August. 10 shots on paper scored for points. Your best 3 targets from the 4 of the season (if you pick this option) would be selected for each competitor to compose your score in the competition.

If we go on a month by month basis then 1 target, 10 shots on paper with highest score = winner for that month.

Postage to send in targets is on the participant. Getting the targets in on time is on you too. 2 weeks after the end of the competition month any targets arriving beyond that point are disqualified. Try and get them sent in early. The earlier the better as we can then post a winner in a timely manner.

I will volunteer to be the match coordinator, score keeper and winning image poster. In the event that I should end up the high score guy I would like to have a second score keeper to validate the scoring.

Rules of scoring. We will use typical military High Power match rules, break the line with the bullet hole and get the next highest scoring point. If black remains between white score ring and the hole, no score up.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I can't do this every month, but I would do it when I can. How would you get us your address?

ps Why are you thinking of this at 0400 in the morning?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm In.

I'll be shooting 50 yds with a Mosin
    25 Yds with a CZ-82. Yikes!!!
    I can do it any month, but chose the 3 month option.

Surplus or commercial ammo? I have surplus for the Mosins, but only commercial for the CZ.

Entry fees?????
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I have the trophy I won in 2004, and will donate it to the overall winner of the pistol match.

The plate says, "The Guns Network Curio and Relic Forums Pistol Marksman".

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I chose bolt gun I have plenty to choose from and will use a Makarov for handguns.

50-100 for rifle 25 will be tough with the Mak.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I'll be shooting 50 yds with a Mosin
    25 Yds with a CZ-82. Yikes!!!
    I can do it any month, but chose the 3 month option.

Surplus or commercial ammo? I have surplus for the Mosins, but only commercial for the CZ.

Entry fees?????
    I don't think 25 yards should be too bad for the CZ. In my experience, its a pretty accurate little pistol. Shoots more like a full size.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I don't think 25 yards should be too bad for the CZ. In my experience, its a pretty accurate little pistol. Shoots more like a full size.
    I never shot mine at that distance for accuracy. More or less dumped a couple mags of Silver Bear HPs to make sure they would feed ok.

I'll be shooting Barnaul 95 gr FMJ.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I never shot mine at that distance for accuracy. More or less dumped a couple mags of Silver Bear HPs to make sure they would feed ok.

I'll be shooting Barnaul 95 gr FMJ.
    I haven't shot mine in a while, but it seems to have about the same accuracy as my CZ75b or Browning Hi-power. Its just smaller and snappier.

Also in my experience, Russian 9x18 is more consistent than Russian 9x19, even if it is a little "sparky".
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I haven't shot mine in a while, but it seems to have about the same accuracy as my CZ75b or Browning Hi-power. Its just smaller and snappier.

Also in my experience, Russian 9x18 is more consistent than Russian 9x19, even if it is a little "sparky".
    The recoil is "snappy" for sure. After a couple mags, the web between the thumb and fore finger was split.
    I added a small piece of an old vacuum cleaner belt in that area. Soaked up some of the recoil.
    Problem solved.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Just tell me when and where to send target and what target to use. I never got a response to my PM to gunsnet about doing this but I am glad to see somebody getting this thing going.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Just tell me when and where to send target and what target to use. I never got a response to my PM to gunsnet about doing this but I am glad to see somebody getting this thing going.
    I also sent David a PM today about getting the go ahead on this.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Lightbulb

Ok additional details. On ammo I'd say use surplus if you have it. I plan to use surp vs. commercial for the rifle stuff. If all you have is your handloads, well I guess that's OK as well unless there is an uproar against it. In my own case I have a mid 50's Belgian Police High Power that I'd use for the handgun. However I don't have any 9 mm surplus and really not much in the way of commercial except Gold Dot +P 124 gr. rounds. I do have a thousand bulk reloaded fmj's I made up for my Group Industries Uzi.

On the prize, if you want to actually bother with a trophy we can pony up some bucks to get something done up. Initially I was thinking maybe a Cirtificate stating who is the winner and the date etc.

I was thinking maybe a Grand Chamion of C&R for the high shooter of handgun, bolt gun and self loaders all combined. But I could see declairing a Champion of Pistol, Bolt Gun or Self Loading Rifle devisions as sub champions of each of the Grand Championship events that make up the total. Just some thoughts, nothing concrete at the moment.

I haven't participated in these in the past mostly due to my past job here in GA working me 60+ hours each week. My job since fall of 2009 is a lot less harsh in time requirements so I think I have enough time to participate / score in this.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, how to get my address. PM me if you're going to participate and let me know what level of participation you are going to do. I'll PM you my contact informaton.

Last thing on a target to shoot, gotta find one to use for the event. For uniformity I would suggest I come up with a target and mail out one package containing all targets for the season; May, June, July and events you want to participate in; Bolt Rifle, Self Loading Rifle, Handgun. I would say you can photo copy the original targets for practice then when you think you're ready, switch to the official target that will probably be stamped to identify it as the real deal target. I've run postal matches before so this wouldn't be my first one to put on. This worked well in the past for the guys that shot in that one.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.

I don't have a 25 yard range available any more so I'm out of the pistol. 50-100 is open for rifles.

I'm going to shoot My Turk Mauser with Turk ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Ok additional details. On ammo I'd say use surplus if you have it. I plan to use surp vs. commercial for the rifle stuff. If all you have is your handloads, well I guess that's OK as well unless there is an uproar against it. In my own case I have a mid 50's Belgian Police High Power that I'd use for the handgun. However I don't have any 9 mm surplus and really not much in the way of commercial except Gold Dot +P 124 gr. rounds. I do have a thousand bulk reloaded fmj's I made up for my Group Industries Uzi.

On the prize, if you want to actually bother with a trophy we can pony up some bucks to get something done up. Initially I was thinking maybe a Cirtificate stating who is the winner and the date etc.

I was thinking maybe a Grand Chamion of C&R for the high shooter of handgun, bolt gun and self loaders all combined. But I could see declairing a Champion of Pistol, Bolt Gun or Self Loading Rifle devisions as sub champions of each of the Grand Championship events that make up the total. Just some thoughts, nothing concrete at the moment.

I haven't participated in these in the past mostly due to my past job here in GA working me 60+ hours each week. My job since fall of 2009 is a lot less harsh in time requirements so I think I have enough time to participate / score in this.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, how to get my address. PM me if you're going to participate and let me know what level of participation you are going to do. I'll PM you my contact informaton.

Last thing on a target to shoot, gotta find one to use for the event. For uniformity I would suggest I come up with a target and mail out one package containing all targets for the season; May, June, July and events you want to participate in; Bolt Rifle, Self Loading Rifle, Handgun. I would say you can photo copy the original targets for practice then when you think you're ready, switch to the official target that will probably be stamped to identify it as the real deal target. I've run postal matches before so this wouldn't be my first one to put on. This worked well in the past for the guys that shot in that one.
    I have no problem with donating the trophy.
    But if you prefer giving certificates, that's fine too.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I don't have a 25 yard range available any more so I'm out of the pistol. 50-100 is open for rifles.

I'm going to shoot My Turk Mauser with Turk ammunition.
    Why not stick up a cheapo target stand @ 25 yds.?

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Why not stick up a cheapo target stand @ 25 yds.?
    I'd have to go to my deer lease to shoot 4 hour drive lol.

So, where is the 50-100 yd. range??
    No 25 yd. berms?

Move to the country and shoot out your back door like I do.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I have no problem with donating the trophy.
    But if you prefer giving certificates, that's fine too.

It's most generous of you Slamfire51 to donate your original C&R Trophy. I'm not sure what a trophy for the two rifle divisions would cost. I think there's as mall trophy shop on my way to work. I can stop in and see what something might cost. Say how tall is that one? If we do one for Bolt Gun and one for Self Loading Rifle I'd like to keep them all similar in size. Maybe do one a bit larger for the Overall Champion slot. Which brings up cost to participate. I think any targets we use will probably fit in a 8.5 x 11 envelope. I'm thinking $10 bucks from each participant if we want to do trophies. Hopefully things haven't inflated so much that $10 won't mail 12 targets and eventually pay for trophies and some shipping charges.

Any indoor range you could go to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast