View Poll Results: What types of C&R Weapons to have a Match With

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postal Match Pole

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It's most generous of you Slamfire51 to donate your original C&R Trophy. I'm not sure what a trophy for the two rifle divisions would cost. I think there's as mall trophy shop on my way to work. I can stop in and see what something might cost. Say how tall is that one? If we do one for Bolt Gun and one for Self Loading Rifle I'd like to keep them all similar in size. Maybe do one a bit larger for the Overall Champion slot. Which brings up cost to participate. I think any targets we use will probably fit in a 8.5 x 11 envelope. I'm thinking $10 bucks from each participant if we want to do trophies. Hopefully things haven't inflated so much that $10 won't mail 12 targets and eventually pay for trophies and some shipping charges.
    The trophy is 6.5" tall.
    The white cultured marble base is 4" x 2".
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    So, where is the 50-100 yd. range??
    No 25 yd. berms?

Move to the country and shoot out your back door like I do.
    They had 2 25 yard lines but closed them. The 4 15's are all that is left for the long range handguns. Only a handful of hand-gunners used it. They added more 7 yard lanes by cutting down on the 15 yard lines and taking out the 25's.

Any indoor range you could go to?
    Bass Pro has an indoor but ridiculous priced. I'll look around. I will be making a trip to the lease May 6th and I can set up a target there. I already have 25 yards marked out.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

So what are the plans on this now?

I'm going to the lease soon and will take a Garand, a surplus bolt gun, and possibly a 1911 made in 1917.

25 yards for the 1911

50-100 with the rifles.

Any specific targets?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    So what are the plans on this now?

I'm going to the lease soon and will take a Garand, a surplus bolt gun, and possibly a 1911 made in 1917.

25 yards for the 1911

50-100 with the rifles.

Any specific targets?
    Pistol 25 yards offhand, rifles at 50 yards any military position. Still working on a target.

Ok I think I have a viable target. I just need to see if I can print it at work. I work for a division of a copier manufacturing company. We do toner cartridges and toner where I work. Big copiers are all over the place, so I'm going to see if I can take the image in and mass produce it there.

It's going to take up an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. The center is a 1" approximately and is worth 10 points. Each ring is 1/2 inch wide and there is a scoring ring out to 3 points in value. The black of the bull is out to the 5 ring.

I think this will be OK for a handgun target and can be used for the 50 yard rifle competition. Should be easy enough to see with iron sights as the black is 6 inches across.

Ok I think I have a viable target. I just need to see if I can print it at work. I work for a division of a copier manufacturing company. We do toner cartridges and toner where I work. Big copiers are all over the place, so I'm going to see if I can take the image in and mass produce it there.

It's going to take up an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. The center is a 1" approximately and is worth 10 points. Each ring is 1/2 inch wide and there is a scoring ring out to 3 points in value. The black of the bull is out to the 5 ring.

I think this will be OK for a handgun target and can be used for the 50 yard rifle competition. Should be easy enough to see with iron sights as the black is 6 inches across.
    Excellent.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I'm in!

Ok the file of the target prints perfectly at work on the nearest b&W printer near my desk. So I really need to know how many are in. Need PM's to me so I can send you contact information and vice versa so that I can send out the targets after I get registration fees.

I'm in.
    PM sent.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I'm in.

PM inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I'm in.

PM inbound.
    PM replied to with my contact information.

Lightbulb

OK, over 30 votes and yet maybe only 4 or 5 signing up! Come on people you wanted a C&R postal match to happen and it will but honestly how much excitment can we get out of 5 players?

To recap the competition it will go as follows:
    1. There will be 3 legs of competition; Handgun at 25 yards, Bolt Gun at 50 yards and Self Loading Rifle at 50 yards.
    2. Target has a 6" black bull, scoring rings from 10 to 3 points. Center 10 ring is 1 inch wide, score rings are 1/2" wide. Target is on an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper.
    3. You will get 6 argets per month, 2 for each of the 3 legs of the match. You are to shoot 5 shots for recored on each target to make it easier to score hits. That is a total of 30 shots; 20 rifle and 10 handgun if you shoot all legs of the match.
    4. You can enter only 1, or 2 legs if you lack a weapon to compete with. This will make you eligible to win in that class. You will however not be in the Grand Championship match which is the high shooter in all 3 events.
    5. The competition is 4 months but only your 3 highest scores in each event will count, I will drop your lowest score. This way if you have bad month in any event you won't have to feel like it is hopeless.
    6. Full match fee for all 3 events and the Grand Championship of C&R is $10 bucks entry fee for the season. If you want to enter individual events it's $4 bucks for the 4 months total per event. Example; enter pistol only and pay $4. Enter bolt gun and self loading rifle pay $8 bucks total.

Small trophies will be given out for each leg of he envent to the high shooter in each leg. A larger trophie will be given out to the Grand Champion.

Contact me on Gunsnet for my contact information as in where to send the money and my email addy.

Alright, now get off the couch and out of the computer chair and break out those C&R's you couch potatoes!

Thumbs up

FYI people the Shoot is a GO! Targets ready to ship out once I receive match fees! PM me for my mailing address!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Bronze 07/2011 whos2kno's Avatar

im up for a pistol match even though i suck a pistols im up for it.

i have a trophy i got from linda that redstar had when we where going to do a match before he died. im sure redstar would want it to go to a match

Quote Originally Posted by whos2kno View Post
    im up for a pistol match even though i suck a pistols im up for it.

i have a trophy i got from linda that redstar had when we where going to do a match before he died. im sure redstar would want it to go to a match
    It's not so much about being a great shooter but the fun that should be had to drag out the old guns, get to a range and burn some rounds. This match will give us all a reason to get out there each month for an afternoon. I say you should bring out one of your vast SKS collection pieces and do the self loading rifle phase of the overall competiton. If you have a Mosin or any Mauser then you have the bolt gun taken care of too.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

If I lived in the US, I would join for sure! But, I'm still based overseas. I did participate in one of these years ago, organized on this board (2004?) since it was just one target and I shot it while I was home on vacation. I used an Arisaka 38 carbine and came in an impressive 11th out of 15, or something equally unmarksmanly.

Enjoy!

Ok, PM sent.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Sent my entry fee today.

This ought to be fun. I even set up an old log to shoot out back in case I can't make it to the range one day.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Thumbs up

lpspinner your PM is replied to. To Funky, yes this should be fun and a great excuse for why we all need to shoot at least one afternoon each month.

So far Old Grump and AKTexas are the two entry fees that have arrived. I was hoping to send all the targets out at one time but it seems fees are coming in so widely spaced I'm just going to go ahead and ship their targets Monday.

To anyone that hasn't singed up yet, drop me a PM for my mailing address, there IS still time to get in on all 4 months for all of the 3 events.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12